Question:I need to convert. The document I intend to convert is monthly bank statement. The purpose is to load the data in Qbook. I downloaded the program. Selected file. So far so good. Clicked on OCR icon. But cannot mark the table. Must be missing a step. Help is not much of help. I am enclosing two files. May be you can help me to find the missing step or wrong I am doing.
Answer: For those who need to convert VeryPDF Table Extractor OCR, which is good at extracting tables from PDF file though software interface. When you need to convert in batch, this one is not the ideal product. In the following part, I will show the detail steps of using this software.but have not found the right solution, I write and article here, hoping it will be helpful. I use software
Step 1. Install Table Extractor OCR
- This software is GUI version, when downloading finishes, please install it by double clicking the exe file. And please download the right version as there are two versions stated on our website: Mac and Windows.
- When downloading finishes, there will be an icon on the desktop. Simply click it then you can launch this software.
Step 2. Convert PDF to Excel
- The following snapshot is form the software interface, please have a check.Please click option Open to add PDF file to software interface. The adding file process will be a little longer if there are many pages of input PDF file.
- In the left page thumbnail, please choose the page which you want to extract table, then it will be shown in the preview Windows. Click rectangle icon on the top menu bar then you can draw frame to table in PDF. Click line icon then you can draw lines to separate table content. Please choose the OCR language in English button dropdown list.
- Then click button OCR, the conversion will be run. A few seconds, you will see the table content shown in the bottom part. In the recognized text, you can change font, text and others if there are some mistake.
- Then you can click button Save to choose the output file format. You can save created table as CSV, XLS, XLSX, HTML, etc. file formats.
When using this software, there is one great benefit is that you can only extract the part you need and save it to Excel You can control the extracted content. However, it can not do batch conversion and you need to draw frame manually. When you need to convert PDF to Excel in batch automatically, maybe you can have a free trial of software Scan to Excel OCR Converter. Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.