VeryPDF Jpg to Searchable PDF Command Line Converter can help you convert file by command line. Normally speaking, it is hard to extract content from image file including Jpg let alone make searchable PDF file from jpg image file. By the OCR tech, this is not a problem. In the following part, I will show you how to convert Jpg to searchable PDF whose content can be copied and pasted casually.
- As this is command line version software, once downloading finishes, there will be an zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can check the elements in it.
- Please make sure download the right version, as there are many different versions stated on our website.
Step 2. Convertby command line
- When you run the conversion, please refer to the usage and examples. Please note by this software, you can either convert image to normal PDF or convert image to searchable PDF. When converting image to searchable PDF, please add corresponding parameters.
- Usage:img2pdf [options] <Image-file> [<PDF-file>]
- When you need to convert , please refer to the following command line.
img2pdfnew.exe -ocr 1 -plaintextpdf C:\in.jpg C:\out.pdf
img2pdfnew.exe -ocr 1 -combineword 1 -plaintextpdf C:\in.png C:\out.pdf
img2pdfnew.exe -ocr 1 C:\in.jpg C:\out.pdf
-ocr 1<int> : please add this parameter to create full-text searchable PDF file from image.
-tsocr : When you need to use tesseract-ocr engine, please add this parameter.
-tsocrlang <string> : when you need to set language for tesseract-ocr engine, please add this parameter and corresponding language parameter.
-ocrtxt <string> : when you need to export OCRed text to a text file not a PDF file, please add this parameter.
-ocrtxtxy <string> : when you need to export OCRed text with X, Y coordinate to a text file, please add this parameter.
-nopdf : do not create PDF file, it is useful when you use '-ocrtxt' parameter
-plaintextpdf : when you need to convert scanned image files or PDF files to pure text based PDF files, please add this parameter.
-combineword <int> : this parameter can help you combine OCRed characters to words.
Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
Please note, do not add parameter –combineword casually, sometimes when you add this parameter to handle the normal and clear input files, the output conversion effect will be very bad. After removing this parameter from the command line, the conversion effect will be very good. Please use this parameter to handle those which can be converted to normal text based PDF file.
When you convert jpg to searchable PDF file, then you can copy the content from it or search any text in the output PDF file. During converting jpg to searchable PDF, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.