When you need to convert PDF to text and add page number for easy checking by VeryPDF OCR to Any Converter Command Line. Different with other PDF to Text Converter, this software was developed with advanced OCR functions, so even if handling image PDF, there is no problem. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software., maybe you can have a free trial of software
- As this is version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please unzip it and then you can check elements in it and call the executable file in MS Dos Windows.
- And please note this is Window application, now it can work under Mac and Linux system.
Step 2. Convert PDF to Text and add page number.
- When you run the conversion, please refer to the usage and examples.
- Usage: ocr2any.exe [options] <PDF-file> <Text-file>
- When you convert PDF to text and add page number in output text file, please refer to the following command line template. ocr2any.exe -text "PageText %PageNumber% of %PageCount%" C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
-text <string> : by this parameter, you can add additional text at end of each text page, this parameter supports the following variables:
%PageNumber%: current page number
%PageCount% : total page count of PDF file
And when you run the conversion, please add parameters and values at first then input the full path of input PDF file and output text file.
Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
- When you need to convert PDF to text singly or in batch, please refer to the following command line templates.
ocr2any.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this command line, we can convert text based PDF file to text.
ocr2any.exe -firstpage 1 -lastpage 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this command line, we can convert PDF to text and specify conversion page range.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -res 300 C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this command line, we can convert image PDF to text and specify resolution.
ocr2any.exe -ownerpwd 123 -userpwd 456 C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this command line, we can convert password protected PDF file to text.
ocr2any.exe -layout C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this one, convert PDF to text and keep layout.
ocr2any.exe -noc C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
When converting PDF to text and don't insert page breaks 0x0C between pages in text file, please use this command line.
If you need to check more parameters and examples, please check them in readme.txt. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.