Question: My boss needs me to a) insert page numbers into PDF starting on page 4 but with the number 1 and b) not have the numbering visible on a few select pages throughout. Say page 17 is to be skipped, I want the page before to be numbered 16 and the one after 18 without any page 17. Thanks!
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of VeryPDF PDF Stamp, which can help you with images, text, graphic lines and rectangles. And there are two versions of this software: command line version and GUI version. Both of two software allow you to with number and choose stamped page range. In the following part, I will take the GUI version for example to show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Install PDF Stamp
- This is Windows application, for now it can not work under Mac and Linux. When downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. Please install it by double clicking the exe and following installation message.
- When installation finishes, there will be an icon on the desktop. Simply click it then you can launch this software.
Step 2. Stamp PDF and skip a few pages
- The following snapshot is from the software interface. Please click button Add PDF File to add PDF file to software interface or you can drag PDF file directly from its containing folder to software interface.
- As adding page number stamp belongs to text stamp, please click tab of Text Stamp then you will enter the following snapshot. Please click button Add and then go to Dynamic Text. Please choose Page No. + values in the dropdown list. According to your need that you want to add page number from the 4, you mean that you need to use the 5th page as the first page, so please input text stamp as p-4. In the edit part, you can choose stamp color, style and position by offsetting. And you can control the page number font size, layer and others.
- When you finish setting part, please click tab Global then you will see the following snapshot. Here you can choose the stamp applied page range. Say if you do not need to add page number since page 17. Please input page range is from page 4-17.
- Then please back to PDF File list tab and click button Stamping, then work will be launched. Meanwhile you will be reminded to choose the output folder. A few seconds later, you will check the output PDF file in specified output folder.
By this method, we can stamp PDF by page number by specified page rage. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.