Question:I would like to give a PDF to a friend but I wouldn't want him to copy it or be able to view it from another computer. I have his laptop with me, and once I have transferred the file to his laptop, is there any way on VeryPDF I can alter the security settings on the file so as to prevent the copying from happening?thanks,
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of this software: VeryPDF Encrypt PDF, which can help encrypt your PDF files from being copied by others. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Install Encrypt PDF
- On VeryPDF, there is three platforms software for protecting PDF: Mac, Linux and Windows. Please download the right version according to your computer system.
- Here I will take the Windows version for example. When downloading finishes, there will be an exe in downloading folder. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file. When installation finishes, there will be shortcut icon on desktop. The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
Step 2. Protect PDF by setting password.
- Please drag all the PDF files which you do not want to view by your friends to software interface from its containing folder. Then they will be listed on software interface. Meanwhile you will be reminded to choose output folder. Once you add them, they will be protected by password at once.
- So you need to click setting button first on the software interface to do the setting part. Here you can set two kinds of password: user password and master password.
- By the user password, viewer can open it but it can not edit PDF including copy content.
- If you set owner password alone, viewer can check it but he can not copy, print, change or edit it.
This is one of the method tofiles from being copied or viewed without author permission. And there is another way for your reference. You can embed all the fonts in PDF file then even if they can copy but when fonts are copied, there will be wild character in notepad or other file.
If you need to embed PDF file, maybe you can have a free trial of software PDFcamp Pro. By there is a little limitation of this software is that this software only can work under Window 32-bit computer system and it is a virtual printer.
Both of those two ways have their own advantages. Please choose the proper one according to your needs. But both of them can help you to contact us as soon as possible.from being copied. During the using, if you have any question, please