Question:I have scanned several pages of a book into PDF format, and I would like to make the PDF accessible (the way that the text converted to an image on PDF actually be copyable), is there any software that could do that? or is there any way I can do that? Thanks
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryPDF OCR to Any Converter Command Line, by which you can covert file, which is copyable and accessible. Please check more information of this software on website, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
- As this is command line version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file and call it from MS Dos Windows.
- If you are not familiar with the command line version software, you can have a free trial of the GUI version of this software.
Step 2. Convert scanned copy of book to searchable PDF file.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples.
- Here is the usage for your reference: ocr2any.exe [options] <PDF-file> <Text-file>
- When you need to convert , please refer to the following command line templates.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang eng -ocrmode 2 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can convert and insert new text layer under original PDF pages.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang eng -ocrmode 3 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can convert scanned PDF to searchable PDF and output to OCRed PDF file (BW) with hidden text layer.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang fra -ocrmode 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can process French scanned PDF book to searchable PDF eBook and insert new text layer under original PDF pages.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang ita -ocrmode 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang nld -ocrmode 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang spa -ocrmode 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
Those command line templates are same with the above one but they handle different OCR languages.
ocr2any.exe -bitcount 24 -ocrmode 4 -ocr C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -bitcount 8 -ocrmode 4 -ocr C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
When you need to output to OCRed PDF file (Color) with hidden text layer and specify PDF bitcount, please refer to this template.
ocr2any.exe -ownerpwdout 123 -keylen 2 -encryption 3900 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -subject "subject" -title "title" C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
When you changed scanned PDF to searchable PDF, by this software, you can also set password to protect output, add basic information to output PDF and so on so forth.
Please check detail parameters information in readme.txt. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.