Some time when printing PDF file to paper documents, we need to add various watermarks like company name, printing date and printer name and so on so forth. When have such needs, the following article will be helpful for you. In the following part, I will show you how to VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, by which you can do printing job from MS Dos Windows operation. Please know more information on software homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.and add various watermark through .ini file. The software I use is
Step 1. Download PDFPrint Command Line
- This is Windows application, now it can not work under Mac or Linux system. But it supports all the Windows system both of 32-bit and 64-bit.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file and call it from the MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Print PDF and add various watermark through editing .ini file.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples.
- Here is the usage for your reference: pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- In the extracted folder, you can find an .ini file named watermark.ini. Please open it in text book then you can edit watermark. The following content is from the watermark.ini file, please have a check.
- In the ini file, you can edit watermark type, font name, position. height. You can also make watermark bold, Italic, underline, strikeout, opacity, angle, watermark color and applied page range. The most important is that in the .ini file, you can add watermark as many as you need.
- When you need to and add watermark, please refer to the following command line template.
text=Demo watermark 3
fontname=Times New Roman
pdfprint.exe –watermarkfile C:\input.pdf
-watermarkfile <string> : a .ini file which contain information for multiple watermarks
By this command line, you can add all the watermark you have specified in ini file to output paper document.
When you need just to add one watermark to output paper document, please refer to the following command line templates.
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wc "00FF00" C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wc "0000FF" C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wx 100 -wy 100 C:\input.pdf
So through this article, you may have rough idea about how to print PDF and add various watermarks. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.