Question:Is there a way to print multiple PDF files with selected pages only (without opening the PDF files)?I would need to print 240 PDF files but would need to print pages 3-10. is it possible to print those without opening each file?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, by which you can without opening PDF and specify printing page range. Please check more information of this software on homepage. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Download PDFPrint Command Line
- As its name shows, this is command line version software. But if you do not know how to use the command line, there is also GUI version available for you.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can check its elements and call the executable file in MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Print PDF without opening PDF and specify page range.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and example.
- Here is the usage for your reference: pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- As this is command line version software, printing PDF could be done silently. So when printing PDF file, you do not need to open PDF then the printing could be done successfully.
- Here are some command line templates for your reference.
pdfprint.exe -firstpage -1 -lastpage -1 C:\lastpage.pdf
By this command line template, we can and specify printing page range.
pdfprint.exe -scalex 50 -scaley 50 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -scalex 0 -scaley 0 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -scalex -1 -scaley -1 C:\input.pdf
By this above three command line templates, we can print PDF without opening PDF and scale PDF in X and Y directions.
pdfprint.exe -duplex 3 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -color 1 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -xoffset 200 -yoffset 200 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -scale 50 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -shell -shelltime 5000 C:\input.pdf
Checking from the command line you can find that during the printing, all you need to do just input the parameters you need and full path of the input PDF file.
By the first command line templates, we can print PDF without opening PDF and specify conversion page range by parameter -firstpage -1 -lastpage –1. If you need to run the conversion in silence, please add parameter –quiet. Now let us check parameters you may use in the conversion.
-firstpage <int> : first page to print, from 1 to max page
-lastpage <int> : last page to print, from 1 to max page
-scalex <int> : X axis scale factors, default is 100
-scaley <int> : Y axis scale factors, default is 100
-pdforient <int> : select the orientation of the show PDF page,
0 : upright, default
1 : upside down
2 : left side down
3 : right side down
4 : auto detect orientation for PDF pages
Please check more parameters and functions in readme.txt. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.