Question: We have a bunch of PDF pages (about 600) for which every PDF viewer displays the image with zero margin on the right edge, but about 2 inch margin on the left. We want to print these pages, preferably as a booklet. Is there a way to permanently shift all page images towards the center and have the PDF display these pages also in a more pleasing way? Can Ghost script do that? Can one do this with some other method, such as programmatically with the help of some PDF processing library? Is there better recommendation on VeryPDF?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryPDF PDF Editor, by which you can in PDF from one place to another. But this is GUI version software, it does not allow you to in batch. When you need to shift image in PDF in batch programmatically or together with other applications, please choose PDF Editor OCX Control (ActiveX). For showing shifting image effect by this software more vividly, here I will take the GUI version effect. Please check more usage and example of PDF Editor OCX Control on homepage or user manual.
Step 1. Free download PDF Editor
- As this is GUI version software, when downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. Please install this software by double clicking the exe and following installation message.
- When installation finishes, there will be an icon on the desktop. Simply click it then you can launch this software. The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
Step 2. Shift image in PDF from left to right.
- Please launch this software by clicking the icon on desktop. Click button Open to add PDF file to software interface.
- On the top, you can find menu option of Edit Content, please click it then the mouse will turn to cross. Please draw area around the picture which you need to move from left to right.
- When drawing finishes, there will be red frame around the picture, please right click the frame and then go to Property in the drop down list.
- Then you will menu option like I showed in above snapshot. There is an option of Transform. In the blank space part, you can input value to change the picture position by transforming.
- Simply input the transforming value, the picture will move from one place to another at once.
- Then please click button File then save as to resave the edited PDF as a new.
By this method and this software, you can shift image from one place to another. If you need to do the shifting in batch, please choose the professional SDK version. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.