VeryPDF PDF Compressor Cloud API is kind of cloud based service API for compressing PDF files on the fly. This cloud based platform gives developers on all platforms total control over documents and file formats. This application is developed for those developers who are aim to web and mobile application developing. And this API allows you to together with any program languages, include C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASP, PHP, Java, Ruby, Amazon, etc. And if you need to know more about the cloud API,please check on our website. In the following part, let us check how this API works.
Step 1. Register an account for cloud API
- As this cloud API is charged per month, per year or point you use, so you need to register an account on our website then you can get the API code.
- When registration, please go to registration page. All you need to do is inputting your email address and user named. A few seconds later, VeryPDF will send you a temporary password and other account information. If you need, in the account information page, you can change password.
Step 2. Check function of this PDF Compress API
- By this software, you can convert PDF to PDF/A.
- Embed all used fonts into PDF file for compressing fonts in PDF.
- Subset fonts in PDF file and compress fonts in PDF file.
- Compress color image , monochrome image or grey image with special arithmetic, it is support: jpg, jpx, zip methods, default is jpg.
- Samples or downsamples color images to reduce the number of pixels, deleting information.
- Set owner or open password to protect output PDF file.
Step 3. Compress PDF on the fly by cloud API
- When you need to on the fly, please refer to the following URL.
- Another example for compressing PDF by resize all image objects to 20DPI in PDF file:
Please check the structure of the above URL. When compress PDF, please replace apikey code to your code in your email box. Then change the PDF URL by the PDF file you need to compress.
Checking from the above URL, we can know that you can add the compression method parameter at the end of the URL. Please connect those parameters by &, like in the above URL, parameter &ColorImageRes=20&GrayImageRes=20&MonoImageRes=20 stands for compressing color image by reducing image resolution to 20, reducing gray image resolution to 20 and reducing monochrome image resolution to 20 dpi.
When the compression finishes, there will be an URL at the end of the page. Simply input the URL in browser then you can download the PDF file your computer. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.