Question: I have a PDF with Type 3 font embedded. How can I convert this Type 3 font to Type 1 font then I can solve the font showing problem? Is there any other way to replace the font(s) in question on VeryPDF?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryPDF PDF Editor, by which you can change font type in PDF from one to another. This software provides more than 20 types fonts of system which allows you to show fonts properly. And if you need to together with applications, please choose PDF Editor Toolkit which is compatible with programming languages like C++, VB, Delphi, ASP, and .NET. Please check information of this software on homepage, in the following part, let us check how to from Type 3 to Type 1.
Step 1. Free download PDF Editor
- This software is GUI version, when downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message.
- This software is Window application, now it can not work under Mac or Linux system. The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
Step 2. Change PDF font in PDF Editor
- When you open PDF Editor, please click button Open to add PDF file to software interface. Or you can simply drag PDF file to software interface then it will be fully shown on software interface.
- Then please click button Edit Content option on the top menu options then you can draw the area around the text where you need to change PDF font.
- Then there will be red frame around the text. Please right click the frame then there will be dropdown list where allows you to choose option of Properties.
- When you click that option then you will see menu option like I shown in above snapshot. Please click option arrow button next to Font then you will see the dropdown list like I shown in the snapshot. All the fonts of system will be shown here. Simply choose one of the font to replace the font in it then you can change PDF font easily.
- Meanwhile in the Text part, all the chosen text will be shown there. Simply choose one of them, you can find a way to replace the font(s) in question.
- When you finish changing, please click button File then go to Save as to save the edited PDF file. By this way, you can change PDF font successfully.
During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.