Question:I am preparing documentation in PDF format. I would like to reduce piracy of the documentation by watering the name of the purchaser on each page of the document. What is the simplest way to do that? How difficult is it for the end user to remove? I'm not looking for airtight security; I just want something that is enough of a hassle to remove that reasonably honest people won't distribute the documentation to unauthorized users. Thanks for your help, VeryPDF.
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can try to VeryPDF PDF Stamp has such function. And there are two versions of this software: GUI version and command line version. Here I will take the command line version for example. And please check more related of this software on homepage. In the following part, let us check how to make it.by the name of the purchaser on each page documents and then set owner password to protect PDF from changing. I guess by this method you can for privacy. By happens,
- Same as other command line version software, we have compressed it to zip file. When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file and help documents.
- There are many bat files which can be used to check software working effect at once by double clicking the bat file.
Step 2. Add watermark on PDF for piracy
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples of this software.
- When add watermark on PDF by the name of the purchaser, it is a kind of text watermark. So please refer to the rule of adding text watermark of this software.
Here is the usage:
- When add watermark on PDF of purchaser name and set password, please refer to the following command line template:
pdfstamp.exe -PDF "example.pdf" -o "encryption.pdf" -AT "purchaser" -FT "Arial" -P9 -FS100 -opacity50 -R45 -C#0000FF -encrypt -openpwd=123 -ownerpwd=456 -keylen=2 -encryption=3900
Here we can add watermark at the top of PDF as purchaser, meanwhile we can control watermark font style, size, color and others. The encrypt output PDF by password.
[<-AT> <string> [-Pn] [-MLRn] [-MTBn] [-Rn] [-L] [-U <url>]/[-GO <page no.>]/[-OP <file>]/[-GR <file> <page no.>][-Cn] [-H] [-FNn/-FT <name>] [-FSn] [-ML/-MR/-MC] ]
Please check more related parameters and functions on homepage as there are two many, I can not list all of here. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.