Question:The issue is that I need a Windows application (not .Net) to be able to generate PDF. The "standard" solution is to use something like PDF995 which create a dummy printer that your application can then print to and it is redirected to a PDF file. The problem is that to control those printers requires updating INI files or registry keys and that is error prone and often runs into concurrency problems. Building the PDF file programmatically isn't an option, it needs to be able to take the output that would normally be sent to a printer, or possibly convert directly from an Excel file.
Ideally, I'd just pass the Excel file to a COM/ActiveX object and it would write to a file I specify. Next best option would be for it to create a separate printer per print job or have some reasonable way of guaranteeing the filename I give will have the document I print. So, is there a better solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of PDFPrint SDK, by which first you can print it from Excel directly, you do not need to convert Excel file to PDF and then file. Secondly, this software allows you to print job separately, which means you can specify which printer to do which printing job by specifying the printed file name. When registration, this software does not allows you to updating INI files, simply input the command line then you can register it. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, let us check some important functions to solve this above matter.
Step 1. Free trial PDFPrint SDK
- This SDK version is equal to the COM version, it contains all the elements you needs for developing. We have compressed it to zip file. When downloading finishes, please extract it to some folder then you can check related element and help documents.
- There are two versions of License Type, please choose the proper version when you need to buy one for forever using.
Step 2. Print PDF
- This software allows you to print Excel to printer directly, here is an example:
MS Excel Documents [.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm]
- This software allows you to specify the printer name to do printing job by the following parameter:
- This software allows you to specify file name to be printed by the following parameters:
-listprinter : list printers in system
-printer <string> : printer name to print
-listbins : list bins/trays of a printer
-listjobs : list print jobs in printer's queue
-listall : list printers, ports, monitors etc.
-chgbin <int> : change bin/tray for printer by number
-papersource <string> : change bin/tray for printer by name
pdfprint.exe -printer "PDFcamp Printer" -copies 3 -paper 9 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -printer "PDFcamp Printer" -paper "pdf" C:\input.pdf
-jobusername <string> : specify the name of the user who owns the print job
-jobdocname <string> : specify document name of print job
As there are too many functions of this software, I can not list all of them. Please check more in readme file. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.