Question:I'm aware of the some utility that can indicate which fonts are used by a PDF, and whether they are embedded or not.Now the problem: given I had PDF files with embedded fonts -- how can I extract those fonts in a way that they are re-usable as regular font files? Are there (preferably free) tools which can do that? Also: can this be done programmatically with,is there any solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF PDF Font Extractor Command Line. By this software you can extract those fonts in a way that they are re-usable as regular font files. This software is not free, it is shareware command line version. So you can programmatically. Meanwhile if you need, this software also can help you save extracted fonts as image file. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.including the embedded fonts, maybe you can have a free trial of this software:
- All the VeryPDF software are free downloading, so you do not need to worry that you can not try it before pay for it.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can use it normally.
Step 2. Extract font in PDF and make it reusable.
- Here is the usage for your reference: pdffont [options] <PDF-file>
- When you use this software to extract font in PDF, please refer to the following command line templates:
- The following snapshot is from MS Dos operation, please have a check. All the fonts used in PDF will be listed here.
pdffont.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out
pdffont.exe -f 1 -l 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out
pdffont.exe -opw 123 -upw 456 C:\in.pdf C:\out
- Here is the parameters of this software, please have a check.
- When you run the extraction and then you will get files like the following snapshot.
-f <int> : first page to examine
-l <int> : last page to examine
-opw <string>: owner password (for encrypted files)
-upw <string>: user password (for encrypted files)
-img : convert TTF fonts to image files
-h : print usage information
-$ <string> : input your license key
- Those fonts can be used again.
By this software and this method, you can extract font in PDF including the embedded fonts. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.