Question:I have a PDF file that's an output from an OCR processor, this OCR processor recognizes the image, adds the text to the PDF but at the end places a low quality image instead of the original one (I have no idea why anyone would do that, but they do).
So, I would like to get this PDF, remove the image stream and leave the text alone, so that I could get it and import (using iText page importing feature) to a PDF I'm creating myself with the real image. Is there any solution on VeryPDF?
Answer:According to your description, you need to one converter which can help you convert PDF to word with OCR function but you do not need the OCR to process the image part of the PDF. If I understand you in a right way, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryPDF Scan to Word OCR Converter. By this software, you can OCR PDF to word and leave images of PDF alone. This software is GUI version and now there is no command line version available. Please check more information of this software on its homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
- This software is GUI version, so when downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message till short-cut icon showing up on desktop.
- The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
Step 2. Convertand keep text only.
- Please drag PDF files in batch from its containing folder to software interface then will be listed at the software interface.
- Choose output option in the left by clicking the green arrow then there will be dropdown list. Please choose the second one Text only(no images). There are thirteen options for you to choose. Please choose the proper one according to your needs.
- This software can help you OCR 8 languages image PDF like English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- In the second part, please choose output RTF file or DOC file.
- In the page range part, you can specify range of PDF you need to convert.
- Then click button Convert to run the conversion.
- Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
By this software, you can convert PDF to word and remove all images and drawings. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.