Question:Need a VB-based solution or, at the worst, command-line for Linux.I tried to use VB to VeryPDF?within PDF under Linux.Is there any solution on
Answer: When you need to to VeryPDF PDF Compressor Cloud API, by which you can compress PDF file by JPX (JPEG2000) and JBIG2 arithmetic, remove unused objects, remove redundant fonts, subset embedded fonts, etc. methods. Downsample image is one of its functions. And as this software is cloud based application, you can downsample image at any computer system including Linux. Meanwhile, VeryPDF cloud based application also allows you to call it from any platform and any program languages, include C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASP, PHP, Java, Ruby, Amazon, etc. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to downsample image by this application.within PDF from VB under Linux, maybe you can have a free trial of this cloud based application
Step 1. Get an API code.
- VeryPDF cloud based application is not totally free, you can use it but there will be watermark on output. If you get an API code then you can use it without any limitation. Meanwhile you can use other API applications together.
- For getting API code, first you need to register an account on registration page. Registration is totally free.
Step 2. Downsample image within PDF under Linux.
- When you run this software, you do not need to download any application but please make sure your computer web net connection is available.
- Please open any browser under Linux and copy the following URL to it and press enter then you can downsample image:
- Simply copy the URL in your VB object then you can also run the process easily.
By the above URL, we can adjust resolution of color images, gray images and mono color image within the whole PDF. Meanwhile by it, you can also subset fonts of PDF. The last parameter is for downsample image within PDF. If you just need to downsample image within PDF, please cancel all the parameters before it. Please note when you need to downsample image by this application, please upload your PDF to online one. And if you have API code, please use API code, or else there will be watermark.
When you input the URL then you will get a new URL in the new tab. Simply copy it in new tab then you can download the new version PDF with downsampled images.
Please check more details information of this cloud based application on user manual, there are too many functions of it to be listed here. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.