Question:I have been looking online for some time now, but I still haven't figured out how to print a PDF file in Visual Basic without showing the document itself, or a print dialog. I just want to open a file without showing it, and print it to the default printer.I'm trying to print a batch of PDF documents, and there is no need for user interference. Is there a solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, which allows you to from MS Dos Window or other programming language application in batch. The printing process does not need to open input PDF file. If you need, before printing, this application allows you to list all the available real printers and the specify settings on someone according to your needs. Please check more information of this software, in the following part, let us check how to use this software.to default printer in batch without showing PDF, maybe you can have a free trial of this software:
- This is command line version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can call it from MS Dos Windows.
- There are many text bat files in the extracted folder, simply run them then you can check how to use this software and the software working effect.
Step 2. Print PDF to default printer in batch without opening PDF
- Here is the usage for your reference: pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- When print PDF to default printer, please refer to the following parameters and command line templates:
- When you need to print PDF from PDF viewer, this software also can help you do that:
-prompt : prompt the user with the print dialog so they can change printer settings and/or select pages manually.
-printer <string> : printer name to print.
-promptdevmode : prompt the user with print dialog and print the printer settings to screen.
-printtofile <string> : save print spooling data to a disk file
-mergeprintjobs : combine all print jobs into one print job
-listprinter : list printers in system
-listbins : list bins/trays of a printer
-listjobs : list print jobs in printer's queue
Command line templates:
By this command line, you can find all the printers available.
pdfprint.exe -listjobs -printer "docPrint"
pdfprint.exe -listbins -printer "docPrint"
pdfprint.exe -chgbin 15 -printer "docPrint" C:\input.pdf
By this command line, you can specify printer’s name and print PDF without opening PDF. When you need to run the conversion in batch, simply write an bat file then you can let the printing job do automatically.
-shell : Call default PDF viewer to print PDF file
-shell2 : Call default PDF viewer to print PDF file
If you need to know more information of this software, please check on homepage. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.