Question: I have a textbook in PDF format, and I want to take one chapter from it and create a new PDF of that one chapter only. How can I do that? Is there a solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF PDF Split-Merge Command Line. In one command line, this software can help you extract pages from many PDF files and then save it as a new PDF file. This software either could be use as command line version software or GUI version software, but there are many articles in our knowledge base, here I will take the command line version for example. Please check method or user guide of GUI version in our knowledge base.or just take one chapter from an existing PDF and save it as new one, maybe you can have a free trial of this software:
- When downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message till short cut icon showing up on desktop.
- If you do not need to use the GUI version, please go to installation folder and then find the exe file named pdfpg.exe. Call it from MS Dos Windows.
- In the extracted folder, you can not find readme.txt or help document, please call exe file in MS Dos Windows and press Enter then you can get the parameter list and examples.
Step 2. Create new PDF from existing PDF files.
- Here is the usage for your reference:
- When , please refer to the following command line templates:
arguments : file1 [file2 ...] destfile
arguments : burst C:\input.pdf C:\output
arguments : set KeyName Value
pdfpg.exe C:\A.pdf,1,2,3 C:\B.pdf,5,2,9 C:\merged.pdf
By this command line, we can extract PDF 1 Page 1,2,3 , PDF B Page 5,2,9 and then merge them as a new PDF.
pdfpg.exe C:\A.pdf,1,1-9 C:\B.pdf,5,2,9 C:\A.pdf,10 C:\merged.pdf
Same with the first command line, but this command line can help you merge portion of three PDF files as a new PDF.
pdfpg.exe C:\A.pdf,even C:\merged.pdf
This command line can help you merge even page of PDF file as a new one.
pdfpg.exe C:\A.pdf,odd C:\merged.pdf
This command line can help you merge odd pages of PDF as a new one.
Now let us check related parameters:
mergeform : merge two fillable PDF files together
crossmerge : cross merge two PDF files together with compression
crossmerge2 : cross merge two PDF files together without compression
Please check more parameters and functions of this software on homepage as I can not list all of them here. By the command line we stated above, you can create new PDF from existing PDF files without any problem. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.