Question: I want to take several html files that I have and turn them into a single PDF (with each of the original files being a page). Does anyone know of a program that can do that? Is there a solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line version. By this software, you can either merge local HTML files into one big PDF file or merge online URL website to one big PDF file. And there are two versions of this software on our Try and Buy website: GUI version and command line version, please choose the command line version as the GUI version does not cover the function we mentioned here. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to make it., maybe you can have a free trial of this software
Step 1. Free download HTML Converter Command Line.
- All VeryPDF software are free downloading, so you can rest assured to download it and test it. When downloading finishes, you will get a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can use it normally.
- Now there is no single user version of command line. Please download the server version which could also work under computer or laptop.
Step 2. Make one PDF from multiple HTML files.
- This software will convert each of the original files being a page on output PDF as default option. When you need to split long page HTML file to small page PDF, this software also can help you make it. Please add corresponding parameters.
- Here is the usage for your reference:
htmltools [options] <EMF-WMF-HTML-URL-RTF-file> [<PDF-PS-Image-file>]
- When merge local HTML files to one PDF file, please refer to the following command line templates.
htmltools.exe -width 612 -height 792 -emfheight 792 C:\*.htm C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -width 612 -height 792 -pageheight 792 C:\*.htm C:\out.pdf
By the above two command line templates, we can convert all local HTML files of one folder to one PDF and specify output PDF width and height.
- When you need to
htmltools.exe "http://www.verypdf.com" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -htmllevel 1 "http://www.verypdf.com" C:\out.pdf
By the above two command line templates, we can convert URL website to PDF. Now let us check how to merge PDF file into one.
htmltools.exe -mergepdf "C:\1.pdf|C:\2.pdf|C:\3.pdf" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -mergepdf "C:\*.pdf" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -mergepdf "C:\filelist.txt" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -mergepdf "C:\test-extraction.pdf*10-15 C:\out10-15.pdf
htmltools.exe -mergepdf "C:\test-extraction.pdf*500-501 C:\out500-501.pdf
By the above command line templates, you can merge PDF files as many as you need to one big PDF file.
of online website, please refer to the following command line templates:
Please check parameter explanation on readme.txt file. By this command line converter, you can make one PDF from multiple HTML files without any problem. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.