Question: I need to turn PDF into something I can copy text from, thanks! Additional Details What I really need is OCR software for converting PDF. Is there a solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF PDF to Text OCR Converter CMD, by which you can turn image PDF into copyable text. Recently this software has been updated to 3.0 version, by these new updated features, you can recognize text from scanned documents with Optical Character Recognition technology more accurately and easily. But for now this software is command line version and there is no corresponding GUI version. If you are not familiar with command line operation, you can try VeryPDF Scan to Word Converter. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software., maybe you can have a free trial of this software
Step 1. Free download PDF to Text OCR Converter Command Line
- As this is command line version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file.
- Before using this software, you’d better read readme.txt file carefully. As the more you know this software the more functions you will find.
Step 2. Turn image PDF into text by command line.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and parameter list. Here is the usage for your reference:
- When converting image PDF into text, please refer to the following command line templates:
- When output many pages text file, this software also allows you to add page number.
pdf2txtocr.exe [options] <PDF-file> <Text-file>
By the below command line, you can OCR all PDF files in D:\temp\ folder to text files. And the OCR language will use Germany language.
for %F in (D:\temp\*.pdf) do pdf2txtocr.exe -ocr -lang deu "%F" "%~dpnF.txt"
Following command line will OCR all PDF files in D:\temp\ folder and subdirectories to text files. If you do not specify any OCR language, the OCR will use English engine to OCR image PDF to text.
for /r D:\temp %F in (*.pdf) do pdf2txtocr.exe -ocr "%F" "%~dpnF.txt"
-text <string> : add additional text at end of each text page, this parameter supports the following variables:
%PageNumber%: current page number
%PageCount% : total page count of PDF file
Here is an example for your reference:
pdf2txtocr.exe -text "PageText %PageNumber% of %PageCount%" C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
By this software, we can contact us as soon as possible.and add page number easily. During the using, if you have any question, please