Question: I need to change color of PDF text, do I need to convert PDF to word and then change it? Is there a solution on VeryPDF which allows me change text in PDF directly?
Answer: When you need to VeryPDF PDF Editor to change PDF text color. Two: use VeryPDF PDF Text Replacer to by command line. When you need to run the changing by GUI version software, please choose Method 1. When you need to do the changing by command line or from script, please use Method 2. Please check more information of those two software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you those two methods briefly., VeryPDF provides two solutions for you. One: use
Method 1. PDF Editor to change text color in PDF.
- Download PDF Editor. Please install this software like other GUI version software. When downloading finishes, there will be an exe file. You need to install it by double clicking the exe file and following installation message till short cut icon showing up.
- The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
- Please click button Open to add PDF file to software interface. Click button Edit Content and then draw an area around the text where you need to change color.
- Right click the area you have chosen and then you will see dropdown list where there is an option named as Properties. Please click it then you can see small menu option Window like I showed in above snapshot.
- Please to to the color part and click the RGB then you will find color menu like I showed there. Choose the color than you need to use then the text you have chosen will be changed to that color.
- When you finish setting, please click option File and then save to save it as a new PDF.
Method 2. Change text color in PDF by command line.
- Download PDF Text Replacer Command Line. Please install it like other command line version software. Extract zip file to folder and then read readme.txt carefully.
- Here is the usage for your reference:pdftr.exe [options] <Input-file> <Output-file>
- When you need to change PDF text color, please refer to the following command line templates:
pdftr.exe -overlaytextfontname "Arial" -overlaytextcolor FF0000 -overlaybgcolor 00FF00 -searchandoverlaytext "Old Text=>New Text||VeryPDF=>VeryPDF||My Name=>My Name" D:\in.pdf D:\out.pdf
By this command line, you can change text color, style and color. Please make sure make the old text same as the new text.
Here are some parameters for your reference:
overlaytextcolor <string> : set overlay text color, in Hex, default is 000000
-overlaybgcolor <string> : set overlay text background color, in Hex, default is FFFFFF
-oldtext <string> : specify text to replace
-newtext <string> : specify text to replace with
By those two solutions, you can change text color in PDF easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.