We need a tool to merge PDF files - ideally, all PDF files from a specified folder and create a single, merged PDF file.
This tool will be installed on a server.
I did check out PDFToolBox - but I am not sure if this is the most appropriate tool to use.
Can you please let us know ?
And I forgot to mention the most important point - the tool MUST have a command line interface.
With best regards.
PDFToolBox and PDF Split-Merge Command Line are all can merge all PDF files in a folder, they can be used from command line too.
PDFToolBox does support Wildcards for PDF merging, for example,
//merge PDF files using wildcards
pdftoolbox sample_in*.pdf -merge -outfile _mergeall_out.pdf
If you are using PDF Split-Merge Command Line, you can use a .txt file to merge all PDF file in a folder to one single output PDF file, please refer to a usage from following web page,
You can use a .txt file to merge or append lots of PDF files into one PDF file, please by following steps to try,
1. Please run following command line to get all filenames for all of your PDF files,
C:\>dir C:\pdf\*.pdf /s/b > C:\files.txt
Note: you can adjust the order for PDF files in C:\files.txt by manual.
2. Please run following command line to merge these PDF files into a PDF file,
C:\>"C:\Program Files\PDF Split-Merge v3.0\pdfpg.exe" C:\files.txt C:\out.pdf
The command line application is better than GUI version if you wish merge 1000+ PDF files into one PDF file.
The pdfpg.exe application is located in the PDF Split-Merge installation folder.
- PDF Prep Tool Suite – PDF Editor for Developers
- VeryPDF Cloud API Platform :: Complete PDFToolbox functions :: PDF Merger Cloud API
- Registration problem with PDF Toolbox shell for Linux Server system
- How to batch split, rename and encrypt PDF files by PDF Toolbox Command Line software?
- I am looking your tools for rtf to pdf conversion and merge, are we able to program and choose from a list of the file names to merge?
- Do you want combine BMP and PDF files to a new PDF file?
- VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Component for .NET can be used to merge PDF, split PDF, encrypt PDF, optimize PDF, fill PDF form, and edit PDF description
- How to insert XML file into PDF forms by PDF Toolbox?
- How to add or stamp Barcode to PDF pages? We need add GS1-128 barcode to the PDF file
- VeryPDF PDF Toolkit Modules, PDF Components and PDF Tools, Convert, Combine, Extract, Encrypt, Decrypt, Protect, Watermark, Stamp, Compress, Optimize, Edit and more.
- How can I split and merge PDF files from VB.NET program language?
- How to split and merge PDF files from C# source code?
- Merging PDF skipping corrupted PDF by command line
- Error Creating Process by PDF Split-Merge product
- How to delete certain pages from PDF File?