Printer stream intercept. I want to capture the text output being sent to a receipt printer so that I can record it to a log
My need is to capture the print output of any (or at least, most any) Windows programs without interfering with the originally intended print activity.
The environment is a point-of-sale environment. I want to capture the text output being sent to a receipt printer so that I can record it to a log. I wouldn't have access to the source code for the program outputting the print data and I wouldn't want to interfere with the printing of the receipt. Do you have a product that I should consider for this use?
The VeryPDF Printer Drivers have ability to do your requests. If we are right you need the following: you want to print from a Windows application to a physical printer and you want to capture the text data from the printing document.
- The printer driver can save the text data to a file during the printing.
- The printer driver has messaging interface to inform applications when the printing starts, ends etc..
- The printer driver can start any custom application after/before printing.
- The printer driver can redirect the printings to one or more physical printers.
Using the features above you can get the text information from the printed document and the document can be printed to the physical printer.
If you need more information about above steps, please feel free to contact us, we are glad to hear from you,
- Print documents to virtual printer first, virtual printer will create PDF files and then forward printed documents to physical printer
- Need to capture a print job. How to capture a print job from Windows Print Spooler system?
- I want to intercept the data sent to a physical printer without being intrusive, redirect it and convert it to .doc / .pdf, I need a software Printer Router
- How to install and use VeryPDF HookPrinter to capture print jobs?
- How to redirect print jobs from one printer to another printer?
- Saving a pending print job as PDF. Save Print Job in Queue as PDF. Save All Print Jobs As PDF. Convert Spool request to PDF and send as e-mail. Converting Print spool output in to a PDF. Convert Spool File to PDF. Convert Spool Files to PDF Excel and more. Capture Print Data and Save to PDF.
- Hook Windows printer, capture printed documents and save them to PDF, PS, EPS, TIFF, JPG, Excel (XLS), etc. formats, Printer Capture, Intercept and Capture everything that you send to Windows Printer
- Inquiring about interface between printer and instrument, Printer Driver Capture To File, add watermark to all printers
- Capturing print output as vector format (PDF,SVG,EMF,etc.), Hook all Windows Printers and Export spool files to Vector formats
- How to capture printer spooler file when printing and then view and/or print that spooler file again?
- Convert PowerPoint to PDF and set PDF author by command line
- VeryPDF Document Converter SDK Technology
- Do PDF Conversion and PDF Editing Together by Document Converter
- How to use docPrint PDF Driver printer to convert PPT to PNG?
- Web page and Word to PDF
This entry was posted in docPrint Pro
and tagged capture printer
, hook printer
. Bookmark the permalink