I have software where it prints only on star thermal printer. Since star printers are not available, can I use your software to redirect from star printer spool to some other printer i use like dot matrix or any other thermal printer?
If yes, what is configuration & what should I do?
Thanks for your message, yes, it's possible to redirect from star printer spool to VeryPDF docPrint Virtual Printer, you may download and install docPrint Pro software from this web page first,
after you install docPrint Pro software, you will see two virtual printers appear in the Printer & Fax folder, one is docPrint, another is docPrint PDF Driver.
The first, you may try to print a document from your application to docPrint virtual printer, if you can print to docPrint printer properly, you will able to see your document appear in the docPrint Preview Window, then you can save to PDF file easily.
If you can't print a document from your application to docPrint virtual printer, you will have to use "HookPrinter" function in the docPrint.
You can run following command line to install or uninstall HookPrinter (Printer Capturer) module,
"C:\Program Files (x86)\docPrint Pro v8.0\artprint.exe" -
after you enable HookPrinter (Printer Capturer) Module, you can print a document to any of your Windows printers (except for docPrint, because docPrint is used for an intermediate printer), for example, you can print a document to your original "Star Thermal Printer", HookPrinter layer will able to capture your print jobs and save them to PDF and Text files to the predefined folder.
HookPrinter (Printer Capturer) works by following steps,
1. You are enable the HookPrinter (Printer Capturer) Module first, then print a document to "Star Thermal Printer" or other printers,
2. HookPrinter (Printer Capturer) Module captures this print job, redirect it to docPrint virtual printer,
3. docPrint virtual printer converts this print job to PDF, EMF, WMF, TIFF, PNG, JPG formats and save to predefined folder according to configuration parameters,
4. docPrint virtual printer forwards this print job to original printer ("Star Thermal Printer" or other printers), the printing will continue,
5. OK, the original printing process does continue and without any interruption, but the print jobs are converted to PDF, PS, EPS, TIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, etc. formats and save to predefined folder.
You can set your "Star Thermal Printer" to offline mode, then this printer will printing nothing.
If you encounter any problem with docPrint Pro product, please feel free to let us know, we are glad to assist you asap.