VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line supports command lines, and can run without Adobe Acrobat or free Acrobat Reader software installed in the computer. When you print PDF file, the paper in the printer tray may run out suddenly, or you may need to change the paper in different size. Under such circumstances, you need to change the printer tray, and VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line can help you change the printer tray to print PDF via a command line swiftly and effectively.
In order to change the printer tray via command line, you can are going to need the command -chgbin <int>, which can be used to change the printer tray or bin during the process of printing PDF files. Generally, three steps are required:
Firstly, open the command prompt window.
Whenever you want to print PDF via a command line, you should open the command prompt window at the first step. Four steps should be taken to open the command prompt window: click “Start” in the left down corner of the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. You can also refer to the four steps marked in the picture below and open the command prompt window:
Secondly, type a command line in the command prompt window, according to the pattern below:
pdfprint.exe -chgbin <int> –printer <string> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. However, the bare name of the executable file seldom appears in the command line. Instead, the whole directory of the executable file should occur in the command line.
- -chgbin <int> can be used to change the printer tray or bin. The parameter value int stands for an integer and the angle brackets <> mark the essential content. This integer is used to represent the printer tray of bin.
- –printer <string> indicates the printer name to print. –printer is the parameter, and string, which means character string, can be replaced by the name of the selected printer.
- <PDF Files> represents the selected PDF file. In the command prompt window, we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the PDF file we want to print.
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -chgbin 15 –printer "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe means that the directory of the executable file placed in the folder called “pdfprint_cmd” on disk D. You can replace it with the directory of the executable file in your computer.
- -chgbin <int> can be used to change the printer tray or bin. 15 is the code of the printer tray or bin.
- –printer "Microsoft XPS Document Writer"specifies the printer named “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” as the printer.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. Again, it can also be replaced by the directory of the selected PDF file on your own computer.
Thirdly, press “Enter”. Then, all the original printer tray will be changed to be the No. 15 printer tray. .
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: https://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. To get help with commands and parameters, please visit https://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html