TGA( . tga) is a raster graphic file format designed by Truevision which supports 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits per pixel at a maximum of 24 bits for RGB colors and and 8-bit alpha channel. TGA image format is often used to store texture files referenced by 3D video games. Here is the merits of TGA image format:
- Date and time the file was created;
- Author name and comments;
- Alpha channel type;
- Pixel aspect ratio;
- Gamma value;
- A scaled-dow postage stamp copy of the image (a "thumbnail" image);
If you want to convert PDF to TGA to get a grayscale tga image, I think PDF To Image Converter v2.1 could help you with your problem here. You could visit this webpage to know more about PDF To Image Converter v2.1: https://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm#dl. Here is the method about it:
1. Launch your PDF To Image Converter v2.1 to get its interface first.
2. Open your pdf file in PDF To Image Converter v2.1 to review it: click the open button of toolbar on the preview panel, then you could get a dialog box popup, where you may need to select your pdf file that you need to convert, and double click it, then this pdf file is shown as a page in the preview panel. You could click the tool buttons in the toolbar of preview panel, and adjust its angle to check on your pdf file there. Also you could use print button to print your pdf file without any error.
3. Add your pdf file into the batch process panel of PDF To Image Converter v2.1: click “Add” button to get another popup dialog box, where you may need to select that pdf file previewed just now, then click “open” button in the end, and by now, your pdf file is shown as a route in the process form. Likely, if you need to delete it to change another pdf route, just click this route first, and then click “Remove” button to delete it, or when there are dozens of pdf routes, just click “Remove all” button to delete all of them at a time, then repeat the step1, step2 and step3.
4. After these setting, it is time to assign a objective file type and give a folder to your tga image: click the edit-box of “File type”, and then a dragging list is popup, where you could click TGA that is your targeting format; then click “Browse” button to get another popup dialog box, and choose a folder that is your objective folder for your tga image, finally, you could see this folder is shown as a pdf route in the edit-box of “Destination folder”.
5. So in this step, you need to concentrate on: in the dragging list of “Image bitcount”, there are 5 types of them, which are 1, 4, 8 and 24, Auto that is equal with 24, here we need to choose 8 for grayscale format is usually stored in the way of 8 , in PDF To Image Converter v2.1, 8 must be with “Grayscale” so as to be the condition of a grayscale picture. So after clicking 8, still click the check-box of “Grayscale”.
6. After image bitcount setting, please process the mission: click “Convert” button to convert PDF to TGA to get a grayscale tga in PDF To Image Converter v2.1.
7. By now our converting mission is complete, and finally shut down PDF To Image Converter v2.1 through clicking “Exit” button on the panel.