Resolution is often used for a pixel count in digital imaging. horizontal resolution is the number of elements, dots or columns from left to right on a printed page, display screen or fixed area such as one inch. When you use VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line to set horizontal resolution and print PDF via, you need to use the following command: -xres <int>, which can specify the printer x-resolution.
The following part will introduce how to set horizontal resolution and print PDF via.
First, run the command prompt window. You should click “Start” in the left down corner on the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. The picture below shows the four steps to open the command prompt window:
Second, type a command line in the following mode:
pdfprint.exe –xres <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line .
- –xres <int> is the command you use to set the horizontal resolution. The angle brackets mark an essential parameter, and int stands for integer. There are four special parameters which have special meaning and also you can enter a number to indicate DPI:
- -4 : high
- -3 : medium
- -2 : low
- -1 : draft
- number: the number of dots per inch (DPI) and is therefore device dependent. DPI is used to describe the resolution number of dots per inch in a digital print and the printing resolution of a hard copy print dot gain; the increase in the size of the halftone dots during printing. For example, -xres 4000 means that the printer will print 400o dots per inch on a piece of paper.
- <PDF Files> refers to the selected PDF file. Again, the angle brackets mark the essential parameters that must appear in the command line.
To make it easier to understand, let’s take the following command line as an example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -xres 4000 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D. If you place the folder containing the executable file in a different path, you should replace the example directory by the new directory.
- -xres 4000 will order the printer device to print 4000 dots per inch from left to right.
- D:\top.pdf means you want to print a PDF file called “top.pdf” on disk D. The sample directory can also replace it by the directory of the PDF file you want to print on your own computer.
The last step to set horizontal resolution and print PDF via command line is to press the “Enter” key and the accessible printer device will begin to print in a high horizontal resolution. The following is a comparison between the results of the horizontal resolution -xres 4000 and the horizontal resolution -xres 20.
The result of -xres 4000:
The result of -xres 20:
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: https://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit https://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html