VeryPDF docPrint PDF Driver printer, as a virtual printer, can help you to convert any printable files like a Word document to Postscript file. docPrint PDF Driver printer is contained in many VeryPDF products like docPrint, docPrint Pro, and PDF camp. This PDF driver is able to print any printable files to documents in various formats like Postscript, EPS, PS, TIFF, and PDF. You can download the free trial version of any VeryPDF product like docPrint from the following website: www.verypdf.com .
After you have installed any VeryPDF product containing docPrint PDF Driver printer, you can call docPrint PDF Driver printer, and use it to convert a Word document to Postscript file in the following way:
1. You should open the document you want to convert from Word to Postscript in any MS Office application like MS Word 2010.
2. Press [Ctrl+P] on the keyboard and the [Print] interface as illustrated below will appear on the screen. Sometimes it might be a dialog box titled [Print], depending on which MS Office application you are using to open the Word document. You can preview the Word document on the interface and select page range on the interface. But we won’t focus on it in this article.
3. Click the [Printer] combo box and select [docPrint PDF Driver] on the pulling down listing. Then, move your mouse up to click on the [Print] button as illustrated to open the [Save As] dialog box, which will appear in several seconds later, depending on the size of the original document. Even if it is the [Print] dialog box appears on the screen, you should do the same: select [docPrint PDF Driver] as the printer, and click a button like [OK] to proceed to the next step.
4. In the [Save As] dialog box, you should
- first specify [Postscript File (*.PS)] as the output format on the pulling down menu of the [Save as type] edit box;
- second, you should select a directory to export the Postscript files in the [Save in] combo box and list box;
- third, type any file name you like for the output file in the [File name] edit box;
- fourth, click on the [Save] button to close the [Save As] dialog box. Then, you will find a little printer icon in the right down corner of the screen. When the little printer icon disappear from the task bar in the corner, it means the conversion from Word to Postscript has finished.
The four steps above are useful for you to convert a Word document to Postscript format via docPrint PDF Driver printer quickly and easily. If you want to get more information about other VeryPDF products by visiting the following website: www.verypdf.com