he BMP File Format, also known as Bitmap Image File or Device Independent Bitmap (DIB) file format or simply a Bitmap, is a Raster graphics image file format used to store bitmap digital images, independently of the display device, especially on Microsoft Windows and OS/2 operating systems. If we want to print the BMP File, we should better convert them to PDF files. And if you are familiar with the DOS, software Image2PDF v3.2 is a good choice for you.
Command line version of Image2PDF (which allows you to manually issue commands or include them in scripts) as well as a CGI process which will allow, for example, a web site or intranet to convert TIFF or other image files to PDF on the fly. Image2PDF is perfect for high-volume document archive/database systems that require unattended batch image conversions (TIFF or other images) to PDF format.
Then I will show you how to use this software.
- Image2PDF is the main component for the conversion task, please download it here. https://www.verypdf.com/tif2pdf/tif2pdf.htm#dl Please save the package “image2pdf_cmd.exe”, it is the most important part to executive order.
- Please click “Start” and go to “Run” then input the “cmd” in the bounced dialog box. It is the necessary steps to open a Windows command line window. For some commands and options to work in the Windows Vista and 7 command line you must run the command line as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the cmd icon and choose Run as administrator. The windows of MS Dos is like the picture shows.
- Please drag image2pdf_cmd.exe to this window interface or you can input the word by word. Normally speaking, the exe file will be stored in c:\Program Files , as I store this exe file in c:\Program Files Program Files \ VeryPDF Image PDF V3.2 \image2pdf_cmd3.2\image2pdf.exe”, so I input it in the windows.
- Then Please input the [ option], as o stands for output, please follow on the exe file inputting the [ option] “–o” Then input the file path. In another word which folder do you want to save this new PDF file and give a new name to it. I name the new PDF file as newbmpfile.pdf and store it in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\2011-9-28\file type.
- Drag the file bmp file you want to be converted to the windows or your can input it word by word. "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\2011-9-28\file type\Snap6.bmp" then press “enter”, you will see the newbmpfile.pdf shows up in the folder “C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\2011-9-28\file type.”
By the command line, you do not to open the GUI Version interface. If you are a webmaster, you can operate others’ computers easily.