This article aims to introduce two methods to convert HTTP link to PDF and protect PDF.
If you have Adobe Acrobat on the computer, you can use Adobe Acrobat to convert HTTP link to PDF and protect PDF. It will take multiple steps to solve the problem:
1.1. Convert HTTP link to PDF
- Ctrl+click to follow the HTTP link
- When the web page is open, press Ctrl+P to open the Print dialog box.
- Select Adobe PDF in the Printer Name combo box and press OK to open the Save As dialog box.
- In the Save As dialog box, save the web page as PDF file.
1.2. Protect PDF
- Open the Properties dialog box by double clicking the icon of the PDF file you want to protect and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Click the check boxes under Permissions for admin to prevent PDF being modified, read, write, etc. or click Advanced to do advanced settings.
- Click Apply and click OK.
If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat, you can free download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to solve your problem. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line does not require any third party application, and it provides multiple options to protect PDF via . Most importantly, it only takes two steps to help you convert HTTP link to PDF and protect PDF.
2.1. Open the command prompt window
In Windows XP, you can open the command prompt window as follows: click Start > select Run > type “cmd” > click OK.
2.2. Type aand press Enter
You should type a command line according to the following basic usage: htmltools [options] < HTTP link > [<PDF file>].
The following are some related options:
- -openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
- -encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "321” -keylen 1 www.verypdf.com c:\out1.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "321” -keylen 0 www.verypdf.com c:\out2.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "fly” -keylen 2 -encryption 0 www.verypdf.com c:\out3.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "fly” -keylen 1 -encryption 8 www.verypdf.com c:\out4.pdf
If you want to see more options, please type the whole directory of the executable file in the command prompt window. After you type a command line, depending on your requirements, please click Enter to start converting and password setting. The free trial version can only be used to multiple times. If you want to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Full Version.