When you create a new PDF document, you may want to set PDF keywords to classify the document better.You can set PDF keywords when you convert the document of ODT to PDF if you choose doc2pdf.exe as your helper. You just need to input some necessary commands into MS-DOS prompt window and click “Enter” button to run the conversion.
The command line application doc2pdf.exe is a MS-DOS oriented application and you have to open MS-DOS prompt window before using it. Please download the application at https://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_pro_setup.exe and set up it on your computer.
You just need to follow the steps below to finish the conversion.
Please open “Run” dialog box by clicking “Start”—“Run” or use the hot key “Window”+ “R” to open for opening MS-DOS interface. Then you can input “cmd” or “CMD” in “Open” combo box and click “OK” button. The MS-DOS prompt window will pop up on the screen.
Then you need to write the command line in the command line prompt window. You commands must contain called program, source file, target file and the parameter for setting PDF keywords.
The command line is like the following one and you need to input the path of each file into MS-DOS prompt window.
doc2pdf –k “keywords” –i C:\input-file.odt –o C:\output-file.pdf
In the one above,
- doc2pdf is the called program.
- –k “keywords” is the parameter for setting PDF keywords.
- –i C:\input-file.odt stands for the source file.
- –o C:\output-file.pdf stands for the target file.
Then please see the following example command line which shows the specific details.
"C:\Program Files\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" –k “ODT to PDF” –i "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\input-file.odt” –o C:\output-file.pdf
In the command line example,
- "C:\Program Files\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" is the path of the executable file doc2pdf.exe. This path can be obtained by dragging the file into the command line window.
- –k “ODT to PDF” means you have set PDF keywords as “ODT to PDF”.
- –i "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\input-file.odt” is the path of source file.
- –o C:\output-file.pdf is the path of target file.
At last, just click the “Enter” button on your keyboard to run the conversion from the document of ODT to PDF. If you want to read more articles about doc2pdf.exe, please enter the blog: VeryPDF Knowledge Base.