This article will give you two ways about showing you how to convert JPG to searchable PDF document with the GUI application VeryPDF Image to PDF OCR Converter and the command line application Image to PDF OCR Converter Command Line. If you want to know how to make this conversion, you need to read the following contents carefully.
Before working, you need to download these two applications at https://www.verypdf.com/app/image-to-pdf-ocr-converter/index.html. To the GUI application, you need to install it on your computer by following installation wizard after downloading it. To the command line application, you just need to extract the ZIP file to some location.
There are four steps to convert JPG to searchable PDF by Image to PDF OCR Converter.
- Click “Start”—“All Programs”—“Image2PDF OCR v3.2”—“Image2PDF OCR v3.2” to open the application.
- Click “File (F)” button in menu bar and click “Add File (s)” option in dropdown list to open file picker window from which you can choose JPG image you want to convert. Then the file will appear in file list of the application which is shown in Figure 1. If you click the file in file list, you can instantly see the image preview in preview frame above the file list. You can zoom the image by clicking options in “Image (I)”.
- Then you need to set parameters for the target file. Please click “Setting” button which is framed by red rectangle in Figure 1. The dialog box named as “PDF E-Book Maker-OCR Version” will pop up and you need to click “OCR” tab in the tab control. Then click “Use OCR” option to activate OCR function so that the application can recognize the characters in your JPG image. Click “OK” button after that.
- Please right click the file in file list and click “convert selected 1 file into one pdf file” in popup floating item to open “Save as” dialog box in which you can specify the output location and input the name for the target file in “Save in” dropdown list and “File name” edit box. When you click on “Save” button, the conversion from JPG to searchable PDF will run at once.
There are three steps to convert JPG to searchable PDF by Image to PDF OCR Converter Command Line.
- Press the keyboard shortcuts “Window”+ “R” to open “Run” dialog box. Then input “cmd” in “Open” combo box and click “OK” button to open MS-DOS command prompt window.
- Input the command line which is made up of called programs, parameters for functions, target file and source file. You can see the specific command line example in following contents.
- Hit “Enter” button on the keyboard to run the conversion from JPG to searchable PDF document.
The command line usage: img2pdf [options] <-o output> <images>
There is a specific example for applying the command line usage shown in Figure 2.
The command line is
"C:\Program Files\image2pdf_cmd3.50_ocr\img2pdf.exe" -x 1 -u VeryPDF -r 800 -o C:\file-output.pdf "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\ocr\ex-jpg0001.jpg"
- "C:\Program Files\image2pdf_cmd3.50_ocr\img2pdf.exe" is the path of called program which is the executable file img2pdf.exe in unzipped file of the command line application.
- -x 1 is for generating searchable PDF document.
- -u VeryPDF is to set PDF producer as “VeryPDF”.
- -r 800 is for setting the resolution of target PDF as 800 DPI.
- -o C:\file-output.pdf is to set the path ofr target file.
- "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\ocr\ex-jpg0001.jpg" is the path of input JPG image.