In this article, I will show you how to generate monochrome image from PCL by command line under Mac system by command line. The image could be any one of the following image file formats: PS, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PCX. The software I will use named VeryPDF PCL to Any Converter Shell, which supports all versions of PCL file like PCL XL, PCL5e, PCL5c, and HP-GL/2 (extensions: PCL, PRN, PXL, and PX3). For more information, please check on homepage. Now I will show you how to use this software.
- There are two versions of this software available on our Try-and-Buy website: Mac version and Linux version. Here I will take the Mac version for example here. Please download the correct version according to your computer system.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a folder. Go into it then you can find executable file, files of extension of .sh, by running those files, you can check conversion effect easily.
Step 2. Convert PCL to image of monochrome by command line under Mac.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples. When you open folder, there will be three executable files. Please call pcl2any in Prompt Windows and press enter then you will find all the parameters and examples.
- Here is the usage for your reference: pcl2any [options] [PCL file] [output file]
- When converting PCL to image of monochrome, please refer to the following command line templates:
pcl2any –r 300 –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.tif
By this command line, we can convert PCL to monochrome of tiff and specify image resolution at 300.
pcl2any –w 300 –h 200 –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.ps
By this command line, we can specify width and height of output monochrome ps file.
pcl2any –r 300 –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.eps
pcl2any -gray –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.jpg
pcl2any –r 300 –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.png
pcl2any –r 300 –mono c:/input.pcl c:/output.pcx
The above command line templates just show that this software can convert PCL to various monochrome image.
Here are some more parameters for your reference:
-i <string>: Specify input file, mandatory -o <string>: Specify output file name, mandatory -gw <integer>: Set width in pixel, optional -gh <integer>: Set height in pixel, optional -r <h>x<v>: Set resolution in DPI, optional -b <integer>: Set color depth with number 1, 8 or 24, optional -c <integer>: Set compression method for TIFF, optional -c 0: Create TIFF file without compression -c 1: Compress TIFF using packbits arithmetic -c 2: Compress TIFF using Lempel-Ziv-Welch-1 -c 3: Compress TIFF using Lempel-Ziv-Welch-2 -c 4: Compress TIFF using CCITT Group 3 (1 D) -c 5: Compress TIFF using CCITT Group 3 (2 D) -c 6: Compress TIFF using CCITT Group 4 -c 7: Compress TIFF using ZIP -faxtif <integer>: Convert normal TIFF to fax TIFF, optional -faxtif 0: YResolution = 98. -faxtif 1: YResolution = 196.
So by this command line application, there is no difficulty in converting PCL to monochrome image under Mac system. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.