In this article, I will show you how to merge PDF by VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Shell for Mac, which multifunction application and supports multi-platforms like Windows, Mac and Linux. Merging PDF is just a slice of its function, by it you can also compress PDF stream objects, decrypt PDF by removing known password and others. There is also PDF Toolbox Component for .NET version for you. Please check more information on software homepage, in the following part, I will show you some examples of templates for your reference.under Mac system. The software I use is
- All the VeryPDF software are free downloading, so you can rest assured to use this software free many times. When you decide to pay for it then you can use it the whole life without any other fee.
- When downloading finishes, you will find it is a .dmg file. Please double click it then there will be a folder showing up. Go into it then you can fin subfolders. Executable file is kept in bin folder.
Step 2. Merge PDF by command line under Mac system.
- This software allows you to merge files from the following modes: merge odd pages, merge even page, cross merge PDF pages and specify pages of input PDF file to be merged.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples. Help documents is kept in Doc folder.
- When merge PDF file, please refer to the following command line templates.
Merge PDF files into a new PDF:
pdftoolbox in1.pdf in2.pdf -merge -outfile out1.pdf
pdftoolbox A=in1.pdf B=in2.pdf -merge A B -outfile out1.pdf
By above two command line, we can merge PDF file in two ways.
pdftoolbox *.pdf -merge -outfile combined.pdf
By this command line, we can merge PDF file in batch using wild character. By this method, you can merge a whole folder or directory PDF files into one PDF file.
pdftoolbox in.pdf -merge 1R 2-end -outfile out.pdf
pdftoolbox in.pdf -merge 1E 2-end -outfile out.pdf
By those above two command line templates, we can rotate PDF clockwise and then merge PDF file.
pdftoolbox in.pdf -merge 1-endS -outfile out.pdf
By this command line, we can rotate the whole PDF file page in 180 degree and then merge files.
Now let us check related parameters of merging PDF file under Mac system.
-merge: merge multiple PDF files into one PDF file. You can use handles and handle arguments to specify page ranges, rotate pages, change order when merge PDF.
odd : the odd-numbered PDF pages, e.g., Aodd is to take odd pages in file A.
even: the even-numbered PDF pages.
end : the last page of a file, e.g., A1-end is the same as A.
E : rotate 90 degrees, e.g., A4-9E is to rotate the pages 4-9
of file A by 90 degrees.
S : rotate 180 degrees.
W : rotate 270 degrees.
N : rotate 0 degree.
L : rotate counterclockwise.
R : rotate clockwise.
-crossmerge : the same as -merge except that -crossmerge takes one page
By those parameters and examples, we can merge PDF under Mac system by command line easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.