In this article, I will show you how to print PDF and save print spooling data to disk. Spooling application is print spooling, which refer to documents formatted for printing are stored usually into an area on a disk and retrieved and printed by a printer at its own rate. Printers typically can print only a single document at a time and require seconds or minutes to do so. By this function, even if there are something wrong with the printer, the data could be save too.
The software can be used to print PDF and save print spooling data is called VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, by it you can develop PDFPrint utility for a specific platform, e.g., Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc.. In the following part, I will show you how to use this function.
Step 1. Download PDFPrint Command Line
- If you need to develop some software based on this software, you’d better choose the SDK Developer version. And if you just need to print PDF or other files, simply download the server version.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. You need to extract it to some folder then you can call it from MS Dos Window.
Step 2. Print PDF and save spooling data to disk file.
- Here is the usage of this software for your reference. Usage: pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- When print PDF or other file and you need to save print spooling data to disk, please refer to the following command line templates.
pdfprint.exe -printtofile C:\out.pcl -printer "HP PCL Printer" C:\input.pdf
Now let us check related parameters:
-printtofile <string> : save print spooling data to a disk file
-printer <string> : printer name to print
By the above command line, we can specify printer HP PCL Printer to print input PDF file to PCL file
- This software also can help you combine all print jobs into one print job, list all the printers which can be used, list bins and so on so forth. Please check related parameters in the following.
-mergeprintjobs : combine all print jobs into one print job
-listprinter : list printers in system
-listbins : list bins/trays of a printer
-listjobs : list print jobs in printer's queue
-listall : list printers, ports, monitors etc.
-chgbin <int> : change bin/tray for printer by number
-papersource <string> : change bin/tray for printer by name
-settraytopclfile <string> : set tray to PCL file directly, only work when '-papersource' used
Here are some examples for your reference.
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -paper "612x792pt" -orient 1 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -paper "612x792pt" -orient 2 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -paper "11x14in" -pdforient 3 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -firstpage 1 -lastpage 1 C:\input.pdf
This software is a really good helper when you need to print PDF file in large and daily. There are more functions of this software, I can not list all of them here. More could be found on homepage or readme.txt. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.