Question:We have a little problem with fonts in PDF documents. In order to put the finger on the problem I'd like to inspect, which fonts are actually embedded in the PDF document and which are only referenced. Is there an easy way to do that? Is there any solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: When you need to check PDF fonts, which are referenced and which are embedded in PDF, maybe you can have a free trial of this software:VeryPDF PDF Editor, by which you can check fonts details. By this software, you can also edit text, hyperlinks and other elements of PDF, and add comments and annotations to PDF. It can also convert PDF to other formats. Please check more about this software on website, in the following part, now let us check how to check PDF fonts in PDF.
Step 1. Install PDF Editor
- This software is Window GUI version, so you need to install it. When downloading finishes, it is exe file. Simply install this software by double clicking the exe and following installation message.
- The installation will ends in a few seconds and it is absolutely clean, so you do not need to worry about it.
Step 2. Check PDF Font embedded or referenced.
- When you launch this software, simply click icon then you can open it. Click button Open then you can add PDF file to software interface or you can simply drag PDF file from its folder to software interface. The following snapshot is from software interface, please have a check.
- When you need to check PDF fonts information, please click button Edit Content then draw any area around the text where you need to know font style. There will be red frame box around the text, then right click the frame and choose Properties in the drop-down list. The above menu tab will be shown on the software interface.
- Here you not only can check PDF fonts information but also you can change PDF fonts directly here.
- Normally speaking, use PDF reader to open PDF and press Ctr+ D then you can check PDF font information in font tab like I showed in below snapshot.
- However, here you can not tell which part fonts are embedded by which kind of style font. But by PDF Editor, you can check font style easily.
By this software, you can check which PDF fonts are referenced and which part are embedded. If you need, by this software you can also change PDF font style directly. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.