Question:I have a directory of PDF. They are all different, but they all have 5 pages. I need to insert a bar code on each page for each PDF. After this process I need to combine and decollate every PDF. Essentially there would be 5 different PDF created. The first would contain all page ones from every PDF, the second the second page, etc. I need to find a tool, or a toolset, that would allow me to accomplish this. I'm willing to program my own solution but I'm not even sure what would be the most efficient language to attack it with.
Answer: According to your needs, you have two requirements: first you need to stamp PDF by barcode at each page of the PDF in a whole directory. Second, you need to split each PDF to single pages and then combine them according to different page. You need to combine all the first pages of all PDF into one PDF, then all second pages, all the third pages into one, ……. etc. If I understand you in a right way, you need to use two software of VeryPDF, they are VeryPDF PDF Stamp, and VeryPDF Split and Merge. By those two software, you can finish your task easily. Both of two software have command line version and GUI version, here I will take the command line version for example. Please check more information of these two software on homepage, in the following part, let us check how to use them.
Stamp PDF in batch of the whole directly
- Download PDF Stamp Command Line and there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can use it normally.
- When you use this software, please refer to usage of it.
- When stamp PDF by bar code in batch, please refer to the following command line template:
pdfstamp.exe -PDF "c/*.pdf" -o "barcode.pdf" -at 1234567890 -ft "Free 3 of 9" –embedfont
By this above command line, you can stamp PDF to the whole folder PDF and meanwhile you can embed font, choose bar code position and color.
Split PDF and then merge it by new order
- Here I will also take the command line version for example. Please download PDF Split-Merge Command Line to your computer and unzip it by the same method.
- By this software, you just need one step to merge all the first pages to one PDF. Please refer to the following code template:
pdfpg.exe C:\A.pdf,1 C:\B.pdf,1 C:\D.pdf,1 C:\E.pdf,1 C:\F.pdf,1C:\merged.pdf
By this above command line template, you can extract all pages of first page of each PDF to a brand new PDF.
By those two software, you can stamp PDF by barcode and then combine them as new one easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.