Question: Does a library exist that will remove "owner" passwords from PDF documents so that the text can then be programmatically extracted from them? Something like PDF Technologies' Password Recovery tool, but callable from the command line or from Python. A GUI interface is not really useful to me, since the number of documents is so large.Please, no comments on the legality of the process. The PDF in question are owned, and the text needs to be extracted in order to form keyword clouds for the document set. Is there such library on VeryPDF?
Answer: VeryPDF has such PDF Password Remover COM library which can help you remove owner password from PDF automatically. After removing owner password, you can extract text from PDF easily. Meanwhile by the COM version, you can also use it like command line version which allows you to remover owner password in batch or call it together with other applications like C#, VB .NET, MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, VBA (MS Office products such as Access) and C++ via COM, C and C++ via native C.
Step 1. Free download PDF Password Remover COM for free trial.
- All the VeryPDF software are free downloading, so you can download it and have a free trial.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can call it together with other applications.
Step 2. Using library to remove PDF password
- This COM version can be used under the following system:all Windows platforms, like Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8，Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 – 32 and 64 Bit and so on.
- Here is an example of calling this library from ASP from removing PDF password, please have a check.
Set oTest = Server.CreateObject("DecryptPDFOCX.CDecryptPDF")
Response.write "Create Object Success!
ret = oTest.veryIsPDFEncryptedEx("C:\wwwhome\test1.pdf")
if ret = 1 then
ret = oTest.veryDecryptPDFEx ("C:\wwwhome\test1.pdf",
if ret = 0 then
Response.write "Decrypt PDF file Failer!"
Response.write "Decrypt PDF file Success!"
- If you are old COM version of PDF password remover, please note this software have been updated even if we do not change the software version. The updated PDF password remover can help you do following things:
Support PDF1.0-1.7 format, including 40-bit RC4, 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES decryption.
Support new versions PDF, like Acrobat 9.0 PDF files.
Repair some damaged PDF files automatically.
Recover corrupt annotations in some PDF files.
Optimize the decryption speed for large PDF files.
Optimize the processing for special PDF forms.
Minimize the possible incompatibility of the unlocked PDF file.
Support multi-languages: English, Turkish, Thai, Latin, Korean, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Italian, etc.
Those functions also can be fulfilled by the COM version.
By this COM version, you can remove PDF password for extracting text easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact usas soon as possible.