Question: I'm building a webapp, and I need the ability for users to view Word/Excel/PPT files in the browser (these files are stored server-side). This is to offer them a quick way to preview the document without needing to download it and launch Microsoft Office.Pretty much looking for the "View" feature for email attachments in Gmail. I'm assuming that Google is somehow rendering the doc formats into PDF and displaying them in the browser.Is there another solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: On VeryPDF, there is a cloud based API named VeryPDF Free Online Document Viewer, which allows you to view Office file online and then convert Office to PDF free online. The uploaded files will be stored on VeryPDF server side but anyone can not view it, so they are absolutely safe. During the viewing, you do not need to download uploaded file to your local computer and then view it. This API allows you to view Office file online within browser. Meanwhile viewing Microsoft Office files could be processed within the environment that there is no MS Office or OpenOffice installed. For now this API can not help you "View" for email attachments in Gmail.
Three important features needed to be emphasized.
- Support multiplatforms. This API could be used under multiplatform like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android system and others. In a word, you can use it at any place where there is web net connection available.
- Free to use. When you just need to view Office file online, this API is totally free for you.
- Support variety of file formats. View Office file online is just a slice part of functions of this software, by it you can also view files file HTM, HTML, TXT, RTF, HTM, HTML, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, PCL, PXL, PRN, XPS documents within browser and then convert them to PDF.
Usage and effect
- This API is quite easy to use. Simply open website of Free Online Document Viewer and then follow steps stated on website. Then you can view uploaded file in a new tab. The following snapshot is from the website, please have a check.
- Upload a document—> Input the API code if you have—> Choose output view file type—> Click View Online.
- After clicking View Online then you will enter another tab where you can view the uploaded Office file directly.
- The following snapshot is from the view tab, please have a check.
- In the browser, you can also do copy and paste.
- At the bottom of the tab, there are two link. By the first one, you can download the converted PDF file from word. By the second code, you can embed files to any website, blog or other places.
By this API, you can view Office file online and convert Office to PDF easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.