Question: I have a color PDF file, I want remove all color information, convert it to a grayscale PDF file or black and white PDF file, how to do?
This can be done easily, please by following steps to convert your color PDF file to grayscale PDF file,
1. Please download and install our docPrint or docPrint Pro product from following web page,
2. You will see a "docPrint PDF Driver" in "Printers and Faxes" folder after installation,
3. Open your color PDF file in Adobe Reader,
4. Click "Print" button on toolbar, choose "docPrint PDF Driver" printer,
5. Click "Properties" button to set properties to "docPrint PDF Driver" printer, choose "Black & White" option in Color option area,
6. Click "OK" to close dialogs and print this color PDF file to "docPrint PDF Driver",
7. You will see a "Save As" dialog after a few seconds, enter a new filename for new PDF file,
8. The new PDF file is contain only grayscale information,
You can choose "Adobe PDF" or other virtual PDF Printers to convert color PDF files to grayscale PDF files too.
If you wish convert color PDF file to grayscale PDF file from command line, you can use following command line,
"C:\Program Files (x86)\docPrint Pro v6.0\doc2pdf.exe" -s makebwpdf=1 -i D:\color.pdf -o D:\grayscale.pdf
Please notice, "-s makebwpdf=1" option is included in latest version of docPrint Pro only, if your version of doc2pdf.exe hasn't this option, please feel free to let us know, we will provide the latest version of doc2pdf.exe to you free.