Creating a virtual printer to handle custom print job events
I'm looking to create a .NET virtual printer that I can install on client's machines and have them print to it so that I can do some custom print job events such as:
Parse the printjob for specific keywords and save the print out as PDF to specific folders depending on the keyword,
* OCR the printjob if needed to detect the keywords
* Anyone know of a library or software that can help me achieve this functionality?
Building a custom virtual printer driver with VeryPDF Virtual Driver SDK
I need a PDF virtual printer driver SDK that could be seamlessly integrated with our own software.
The following is what we are expecting from the virtual printer driver sdk:
- On the output we receive EMF or PDF file (PDF is the most desirable)
- It could be installed from our setup app (even parameterized msi would do the job)
- Custom name for virtual printer
- Redirection to another printer
- Notification (executing app with parameters or event sent via named pipe) about start (nice to have) and end (must have) of the process
- Ability to work without the windows user logged in
- Ability to work as a network shared printer (nice to have)
- Printer need to be configurable somehow
- We need to hide ALL additional printer related software, control panels etc - it would be REALLY nice if our users have no obvious clues that the printer is provided by the third company
- Customizable DPI
- PDF can have embedded fonts (nice to have)
- Text extraction (plain text format - ANSI, Unicode or UTF-8)
- PDF Searchable format
- Supported OS Windows 2008R2/2012/Vista/7/8/8.1 driver
The printer will be integrated within our own software which will be publicly available to download. Please specify how the pricing would look like for such a solution.
Thanks for your message, yes, VeryPDF has Custom Development Service based on our Virtual Printer technologies,
The VeryPDF Virtual Printer Driver offers the following features:
* Conversion to searchable PDF
* Conversion to image formats (BMP, TIFF, JPEG, PNG)
* Conversion to text formats (ANSI, UTF-8, or Unicode)
* Functionality as a print server with shared printing, terminal services support, and compatibility in a domain environment
* Redirection of print jobs to a hardware printer
* Document modification and cancellation options for print job management
* Watermark addition with customizable configurations
* File upload via FTP/FTPS/SFTP
* ESC/POS receipt parsing for use as a virtual POS printer
* Early access for immediate conversion of files upon printing
* N-Up feature for printing multiple pages per sheet
* OAuth v2.0 support
* Multilingual interface
* MSI installer with full source code
* Compatible with Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, 11 (x86 and x64)
If you are a software developer, our Custom Virtual Printer SDK will help you to:
1. Generate an output in the form of standard raster or vector formats from your program (or from any other software application meant to produce printing forms).
Supported output formats:
* TIFF with various compressions including CCITT fax compression. Virtual printer also supports the special fax – resolutions such as 204×98 and 204×196 DPI.
* JPEG, BMP, PNG
* Plain text in different encodings (ANSI, UTF-8 or Unicode)
2. Redirect the print job to other printer. Thus, when sending the document to the printer, you can save it in the set format (PDF, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, TXT) and print it in paper form on the physical printer at the same time.
3. Modify a virtual-printed document before sending it for actual printing.
4. Import documents from other applications. Imported documents can be converted to your format with the use of an EMF format.
Our virtual printer offers flexible options, including custom paper sizes up to 33x46 inches, resolutions from 100 to 2400 DPI, and a multilingual interface. Upon purchase, you'll receive the desired printer name, a driver installation/uninstallation module, and integration instructions with samples.
The virtual printer comes with a one-time fee, with no recurring royalties. You can use the printer with your applications without any additional charges. We'll provide any necessary customizations to meet your requirements. Additionally, the source code is available for purchase with a license that allows for code modifications.
The following products are based on VeryPDF Virtual Printer technologies, you may download and evaluate them by yourself,
Document Printer (docPrint),
Document Converter (docPrint Pro),
PDFcamp Printer and PDFcamp Printer Pro, for both 32bit and 64bit systems,
VeryPDF Mini EMF Printer Driver,
VeryPDF HookPrinter SDK can be used to capture all print jobs from all Windows printers,
VeryDOC PDF to Vector Converter contains Virtual Postscript Printer, Virtual PCL Printer, Virtual EMF Printer and Virtual HPGL Printer, when you convert a PDF file to Postscript or PCL or EMF or HPGL format, PDF to Vector Converter will install a Virtual Postscript Printer, Virtual PCL Printer, Virtual EMF Printer or Virtual HPGL Printer automatically.
VeryDOC PDF to Vector Converter will:
Install a Virtual Postscript Printer to make PS and EPS files.
Install a Virtual PCL Printer to make PCL5 and PCL-XL files.
Install a Virtual EMF Printer to make EMF and WMF files.
Install a Virtual HGPL Printer to make HGPL files.
PDF Virtual Printer SDK Based on Postscript Printer Driver for Developer Royalty Free,
Virtual Printer SDK Based on PCL Printer Driver for Developer Royalty Free
EMF/PDF/Image Virtual Printer Driver SDK for Developer Royalty Free
VeryPDF's Virtual Printer technologies will 100% meet your requirements, if you have any questions for VeryPDF's Virtual Printer technologies, please feel free to let us know, we are glad to assist you asap.