VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is a very useful PDF printer driver which supports users tovia s and also it can run without installing any Adobe product like Adobe reader. If you want to print a DPF file in monochrome, the command –color <int> is worthy of your attention. You can use it later in the to print a PDF file in monochrome. The angle brackets are always used to mark the essential part of a command. int means integer. In addition, the command –color <int> allows two parameters: 1 indicates monochrome and 2 represents color.
This article aims to introduce how to print a PDF file in monochrome, so we are going to shed light on the command –color 1.Generally speaking, three steps are required toin monochrome via a : First run the command prompt window, second, enter a command line, and third, press the “Enter” key. The following will introduce in detail:
First, run the command prompt window. You should click “Start” in the left down corner on the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. The picture below shows the how to run the command prompt window:
The following is the command prompt window:
Secondly, enter a command line in the command prompt window in the pattern as follows:
pdfprint.exe -color 1 <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file;
- -color 1 is the command for printing PDF in monochrome. –color is the command can be used to switch between color and monochrome on color printers, and 1 is the parameter for printing PDF in monochrome. Make sure there is a space between -color and 1. Moreover, the other parameter 2 is for printing PDF in color.
- <PDF Files> is used to refer to the selected PDF file. The angle brackets mark the essential parameters that must be a part of the command line.
To make it easier to understand, I would like to take the following command line as an example:
E:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -color 1 E:\top.pdf
- E:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe represents the directory of the executable file placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk E. If you place the folder containing the executable file in a different path, you should replace the example directory by the new directory.
- color 1 will ask the printer device to print PDF file in monochrome. Do not change the parameter to 2; otherwise the printer device will print the PDF file in color.
- E:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. You can also replace it by the directory of the PDF file you want to print on your own computer.
Press the “Enter” key and the accessible printer device will begin to print PDF in monochrome consistantly.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html