Two applications of VeryPDF can also help you convert the image format PSD to searchable PDF document. They are Image to PDF OCR Converter and Image to PDF OCR Converter Command Line. The former one is GUI application which supplies a user-friendly interface and the later one is command line application which can be used by software developers.
You can download these two applications at https://www.verypdf.com/app/image-to-pdf-ocr-converter/index.html. To use the GUI application, you need to install it on your computer. To use the command line application, you just need to extract the ZIP file to some location of your computer instead of installing it.
The GUI method
- Please open the application by clicking “Start”—“All Programs”—“Image2PDF OCR v3.2”—“Image2PDF OCR v3.2” or double clicking the application icon if you have created one when you install it. Then you will see the window of the application on your screen. Please see the snapshot in Figure 1.
- Drag and drop PSD format image into the application until you can see it in the file list. If you want to browse the added image, please click it in file list and see its preview in preview frame. Or you can double click the file in file list and the file will be displayed by image viewer installed on your computer.
- Click “Setting” button to open “PDF E-Book Maker-OCR Version” dialog box in which you need to click “OCR” tab and check “Use OCR” option in the tab. Then click “OK” button to close the dialog box. \
- Click “Make PDF” button and click “convert selected 1 file into pdf file” option in popup floating item to open “Save as” dialog box which is shown in Figure 2. Save the target file in this dialog box and click “Save” button to run the conversion from PSD to searchable PDF.
Figure 1 Figure 2
The command line method
- Please use the shortcut key “Window”+ “R” to open “Run” dialog box in which you need to input “cmd” in “Open” combo box and click “OK” button, which are for opening MS-DOS command prompt window. Then you can input the command line into the window.
- Please follow the command line template below to write your own command line which contains called program, options for realizing functions, source file and target file.
- Hit “Enter” button to run the conversion from PSD to searchable PDF document.
The command line template is img2pdf [options] <-o output> <images>
There is an example below which is the application of the template:
img2pdf –x 1 –j converter –b –1 C:\test.pdf C:\test.psd
In the command line,
- –x 1 is for generating a searchable PDF document.
- –j converter is to set PDF subject as converter.
- –b –1 is not to use bookmark.
When you write your command line, please use the full path of each file used in the command line. If you don’t like to input the path of each file, you can copy and paste the path into MS-DOS interface or directly drag and drop the file into MS-DOS window.
Then run the conversion from PSD to searchable PDF by pressing “Enter” button on the keyboard.