Question: I have thousands of PDF files with scanned documents. When I open a PDF file I cannot search a keyword and I cannot mark nor copy text, because the PC does not recognize the PDF file as text. I need to convert all PDF files to searchable PDF format. I have problems finding a software for a reasonable price. There was software for a few hundred dollars and even a few thousands dollars. How can I convert my scanned PDF files to searchable PDF files? Due to bulk documents it is necessary to get a batch, bulk converter. Is there a solution a on VeryPDF?
Step 1. Download OCR to Any Converter Command Line v2.0.
- Different with other software, all VeryPDF software allows you to test it fully and then pay for it. If feel the conversion effect is not good, simply uninstall it.
- When downloading finishes, you will get an zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can call it from MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Convert bulk scanned PDF to searchable PDF.
- As command line version software, conversion speed is much faster than normal GUI version software. And you can make the conversion totally automatic by writing little program or bat file. Even if you do not know how to make it, simply by wild character, you can do the batch conversion easily.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples in readme.txt which is included in extracted folder.
- Here is the usage: ocr2any.exe [options] <PDF-file> <Text-file>
- When converting bulk scanned PDF to searchable PDF, please refer to the following command line templates:
- Now let us check one the searchable PDF converted by scanned PDF from the following snapshots. In the searchable PDF file, you can mark nor copy text, search a keyword.
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang fra -ocrmode 1 C:\*.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang ita -ocrmode 1 C:\*.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang nld -ocrmode 1 C:\*.pdf C:\out.pdf
ocr2any.exe -ocr -lang spa -ocrmode 1 C:\*.pdf C:\out.pdf
This software convert scanned PDF to searchable PDF according its containing languages by different conversion OCR modes. By this method, the conversion result will be more accurate. Wild character * can help you convert whole directory scanned PDF to searchable PDF file. Here are parameters please have a check.
-lang <string> : choose the language for OCR engine
-ocrmode <int> : set OCR mode
-ocrmode 0: output to text file
-ocrmode 1: OCR PDF pages and insert new text layer under original PDF pages
-ocrmode 2: output to plain text based PDF file
-ocrmode 3: output to OCRed PDF file (BW) with hidden text layer
-ocrmode 4: output to OCRed PDF file (Color) with hidden text layer
By this software, you can convert bulk scanned PDF to searchable PDF easily. In the output searchable PDF, you can do copy and paste, searching easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.