For uploading and transferring PDF form, sometime we need to convert PDF form to flatten PDF under Mac system. For one thing flatten PDF information can not be changed easily. For another thing, it is quite convenient to print flatten PDF. If you are interested in this topic, please read the following article. Here I will introduce software VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Shell for Mac, which can help you change interactive PDF form to normal PDF file easily. Please check more information on homepage, in the following part, let us check how to use this software.
- This software is command line version, if you are not familiar with command line option, please do not worry, this software is quite simply to operate.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a .dmg file. Please double click the .dmg file then you can enter the folder and find the executable file and help document.
- Then open command line console then you can call this software directly.
Step 2. Convert PDF form to flatten PDF under Mac system.
- When you use this software, please refer to the usage and examples: pdftoolbox <input files> [options] <-outfile output >
- When converting PDF form to flatten PDF, please refer to the following command line template.
pdftoolbox "sample_fillform.pdf" -outfile "_flattenform_out.pdf" –flattenform
When you input the command line, please input the full path of the executable file, then the full path of PDF form, input parameter –outfile to name the output PDF file. At last, please add parameter –flattenform.
The parameter you will use is –flattenform which can be used to convert fillable PDF forms to static PDF file.
By this way, you can change the interactive PDF form to flatten PDF file easily.
- By this software, we can also convert fill form fields of a single input PDF file with the data from an FDF/XFDF file. The form fields remain interactive in the result PDF.
pdftoolbox sample_fillform.pdf -fillform sample_fillform.fdf -outfile _fillform_withnewdata_out.pdf
By this command line, we can fill PDF form by FDF file.
Now let us check related parameters:
-createfdf : input a single PDF and generate a FDF file suitable for -fillform.
-fillform : fill form fields of a single input PDF file with the data from an FDF/XFDF file. The form fields remain interactive in the result PDF.
-flattenform : convert fillable PDF forms to static PDF file.
There are more functions of this software, I can not list all of them here. If you need to know more, please visit homepage. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.