VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line can help users toto files in various formats like PCL via a . In order to to PCL in a fast and effective way, you should first check the accessible printer and to see whether it can support the format PCL or not. If can’t you should connect a proper printer with the computer. Then, you can print PDF to PCL via a . You will need the command printtofile <string> to specify the print format when print spooling data are saved to a disk file. This article would focus on how to print PDF to PCL via a command line effectively.
1. Run the command prompt
Four steps are required to run the command prompt, you should click “Start” in the left down corner of the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt. You can also refer to the four steps marked in the picture below and open the command prompt:
2. Type a command line
In the prompt command, a command line in the following pattern should be typed:
pdfprint.exe -printtofile <string> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe is the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. However, we seldom type the bare name of the executable file in the command prompt. Instead, we enter the whole directory of the executable file in the command prompt.
- -printtofile <string> is the command to save print spooling data to a disk file. In another word, if you want to print PDF to file via a command line, you are going to need this command. <string> means character string and the angle brackets mark essential content. You can enter a directory to specify the exporting file name as well as the output format.
- <PDF Files> represents the selected PDF file. In the command prompt, we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the PDF file we want to print.
To further clarify the command line, here provide an example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -printtofile C:\out.pcl D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder called pdfprint_cmd on disk D. You can replace it with the directory of the executable file in your computer.
- -printtofile C:\out.pcl is the command that can save print spooling data to a disk file in PCL format. You can use this command to print PDF to a file in PCL format. C:\out.pcl specifies the PCL file called “out” as the output format, and put it in the root folder “C:\”. You can replace it with another directory selected by you.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. Again, it can also be replaced by the directory of the selected PDF file on your own computer.
3. Hit the “Enter” key.
After you enter the key “Enter” on the keyboard, the computer will send message to the accessible proper printer device , and order the printer to save print spooling data to a disk file in PCL file.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html