In this article, I will show you how to convert convert EMF to PDF in batch by. It is known that EMF files may be created and reside in memory or disk space when windows caches them while waiting on another printing job. Spooling allows multiple print jobs to be given to the printer at one time. EMF is an image file format and Windows is intended to be portable between applications and may contain both vector graphics and bitmap components.
The software I used is VeryPDF HTML Converter, which can convert HTML, MS Word, EMF, WMF and RTF to PDF, PS (PostScript), TIF (TIFF), JPG (JPEG), GIF, PNG, BMP, WMF, EMF, PCX, TGA, JP2, and PNM. In the following part, I will show you how to make it work.
Step 1. Download HTML Converter
- Please make sure download the version on the website, the second one. There is also GUI version available.
- When downloading finishes, please extract the zip file to some folder. Then you will find the executable file, help documents and related elements.
- Open MS Dos Window then you can call it to run the conversion.
Step 2. Convert EMF to PDF
- When you run the conversion, please refer to the usage and examples.
- Usage: htmltools [options] <EMF-WMF-HTML-URL-RTF-file> [<PDF-PS-Image-file>]
- When converting EMF to PDF in batch, please refer to the following
htmltools.exe C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe C:\*.emf C:\*.pdf
This software supports wild character when you run batch conversion.
- When converting EMF to PDF, you can also set password from two levels in two aspects, like the following command line template.
- This software also allows you to convert EMF to PDF and add watermark, please refer to the following command line template.
htmltools.exe -append 1 C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -append 2 C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
By the above two command line, you can insert EMF file to existed PDF file. You can either insert it to the first page or the second page, please check related parameters.
-append <int> :
-append 0: Overwrite if PDF file exists
-append 1: Insert before first page if PDF file exists
-append 2: Append to last page if PDF file exists
-append 3: Rename filename if PDF file exists
htmltools.exe -append 2 -width 612 -height 792 C:\*.emf C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -append 2 C:\*.emf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can insert all the EMF file in some folder or directory to PDF at the first page or the last page. Meanwhile, we can specify the height and width. Related parameters:
-width <int> : Set page width to PDF file
-height <int> : Set page height to PDF file
htmltools.exe -ownerpwd 123 -keylen 2 -encryption 3900 C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -wtext "VeryPDF" -wf "Arial" -wh 20 -wb -wi -wu -ws "C:\in.emf " C:\out.pdf
Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
As there are too many functions which can be listed all of them here. If you need to know more, please visit website or help documents. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.