I am assigned to this case.
1. Due to our company confidential policy, we can not open remote access to you at this moment.
2. I double checked the system which customer provided to us. It is a English version of windows 2003 64 bit system. The local setting is German. Installed German version of Excel 2007 and German version of adobe reader.
3. I do not have MS word in this system. But I did a test based on you instruction by using notepad. Here is my steps:
a. Run notepad application, create a text file with it, set paper size to A4 paper,
2. Select A4 paper on too,
3. Print this text file to , I got a PDF file,
4. The page size of output PDF file is English letter. You can see the pdfcamp driver version is 2.1. Even though we have upgraded it to 2.2 and higher. See the attach PDF file.
4. Very interesting as mentioned in another email, that re-install the pdfcamp driver to 2.2 or 2.5 does not make any difference. The PDF output always shows the document is generated by pdfcamp driver 2.1. See the quote from her email below. Customer was running v2.1. So we tried to update it to 2.5. We uninstalled the 2.1 and reinstalled the single setup of 2.5. Then i did a print again. Still same issue.
5. So, the question now is:
a. Is the pdfcamp driver 2.1 is the root cause of this issue ?
b. Is there a way to completely remove this 2.1 version pdfcamp driver. so that we can upgrade to new version and see what will happen?
Many thanks in advance,
>>a. Is the pdfcamp driver 2.1 is the root cause of this issue ?
This is indeed a strange problem, we haven’t hear about this problem before.
Just for checking, please check the value of “PageSizeAutoDetect” in registry, if “PageSizeAutoDetect” is 1, please change it to 0, and print your text file tov2.1 with A4 paper size to try again, can you get A4 PDF file at this time?
>>b. Is there a way to completely remove this 2.1 version pdfcamp driver. so that we can upgrade to new version and see what will happen?
Please refer to following web page about how to remove the PDFcamp Printer v2.1 by manual,
after you removed the PDFcamp Printer v2.1 completely, you can reinstall PDFcamp Printer x64 v2.5 to try again.
I have tested it based on your suggestion.
1. The registry of the troubled system does not have "PageSizeAutoDetect" . I manually added it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\verypdf\pdfcamp and set the value to 0 as indicated in your email. Print the same text file with A4 paper size. I still get English letter size. The same as before. Nothing really happens.
2. Followed the instruction based on the http://www.verypdf.com/pdfcamp/support/remove.html. Here is what I did
a. run the uninstaller
b. stop the print spool service
b. I did not find any pdfxp.dll, pdfprn.dll or pdfui.dll under C:\windows\system32. My system is 64bit win2003 R2.
c. I can not find the "PDFcamp Printer Properties" since pdfcamp driver has been removed by uninstaller. So, have no way to delete the PDFcamp entry from Ports tabs under "PDFcamp Printer Properties".
d. Reinstall pdfcamp driver 2.5
e. reboot machine
f. print the same text file with page size set to A4 for both text file and pdfcamp driver. I still get English letter instead of A4. It still shows the pdf file is generated by pdfcamp
What should do next?
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you, the "http://www.verypdf.com/pdfcamp/support/remove.html" instructions are work for PDFcamp Printer 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 versions on 32bit Windows system, the PDFcamp Printer x64 v2.5 system hasn't pdfxp.dll, pdfprn.dll or pdfui.dll files.
We guess your Letter paper problem maybe caused by some special settings in the Windows system, can you please create a remote desktop account on your test machine? After we can reproduce this problem on your test machine, we will able to figure out a solution to you quickly, this will save your time a lot.