When printing PDF file, maybe you are not satisfied with fonts. However, if you use real printer, it will be a little complicated to control the printing fonts. Based on this need, VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line specially designed some functions which allows you to choose printing fonts among system fonts, PDF embedded fonts, Unicode and others. In the following part, I will show you how to use this function.
Step 1. Get One Copy of PDFPrint Command Line
- This is Window application, and now it can not work under Mac and Linux system. But it supports all the Window system like Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 of both 32 and 64-bit.
- Once downloading finishes, you will find a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then call pdfprint.exe from MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Print PDF and Control Printing Fonts
Usage:pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- When you need to print PDF and control printing fonts, please refer to the following command line template.
pdfprint.exe -winfont -winfont2 C:\input.pdf
By this command line, you can face printer to print PDF by system fonts. And when you need to use parameter –winfont2, please use parameter -winfont together or else the printing job may fail.
-winfont : use Windows fonts to instead of embedded fonts
-winfont2 : force to use Windows fonts to instead of all embedded fonts
- When you need to print PDF using the embedded fonts in PDF file, please refer to the following command line template.
pdfprint.exe –useembedfont C:\input.pdf
-useembedfont : this parameter can help you use embedded fonts from PDF file to the printed paper documents.
- When you need to print PDF file by Unicode, please refer to the following command line template .
pdfprint.exe –useunicode C:\input.pdf
-useunicode <int> : this parameter enables or disables Unicode conversion for PDF printing. When there are some special characters in the PDF, this parameter can be added to have a try.
- There is another function you may need, which enables anti-aliased font bitmaps for emulated fonts. When you use this function, please add parameter –antifonts.
-antifonts: enable anti-aliased font bitmaps for emulated fonts
By those parameters, you can print PDF by the fonts you would like to. Even if there are some kinds of fonts are extremely hard to print correctly, you can convert them to image and then print them. By this method, there should not have problems. Please check some examples here.
pdfprint.exe -raster2 -rasterbitcount 1 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -raster2 -rasterbwtext -rasterbitcount 1 -xres 600 -yres 600 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -raster2 -raster2center -printermargins C:\input.pdf
If you would like to know more functions of this software, please check them on our website. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.