VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line supportss. It does not require Adobe Acrobat or free Acrobat Reader software in your computer, and allows you to add a watermark to the pages header when . With the help VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, you can add watermark to the page header in a very convenient way. If you want to add a watermark to the page header via a , the following commands may be helpful: -wtext <string>, for adding watermark to printed document; and –wtype 1, which can be used to print a watermark to the page header.
The following part of the article will introduce how to add a watermark to the page header andvia a command line.
First of all, you should open the command prompt window. Four steps should be taken to open the command prompt window: click “Start” in the left down corner of the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. You can also refer to the four steps marked in the picture below and open the command prompt window:
Secondly, type a command line in the pattern below:
pdfprint.exe -wtext <string> –wtype 1 <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. Usually, you should type the full directory of the executable file istead of the bare name of it in the command prompt window.
- -wtext <string> is the command that can be used to add watermarks on PDF files. The angle brackets <> mark the essential content. string stands for character string, which represents what you are going to add on PDF as a watermark.
- –wtype 1 indicates to add a watermark to the page header. –wtype means type of watermark, and the number 1 specifies that the page header is where the watermark is going to be placed.
- <PDF Files> refers to the selected PDF file, on which you want to add a watermark. In the command prompt window, we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the selected PDF file.
To make it clear, allow me to take the following command line as an example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -wtext watermark –wtype 1 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file which is placed in the folder called pdfprint_cmd on disk D. You can replace it with the exact directory of the executable file in your computer.
- -wtext watermark indicates that the text watermark should be added on the PDF file as a watermark.
- –wtype 1 indicates to add a watermark to the page header.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. Again, it can also be replaced by the directory of the selected PDF file on your own computer.
Thirdly, press “Enter” on the keyboard. As soon as you press the key “Enter”, the computer will drive the accessible printer device to print the PDF file with the watermark placed on the page header. The following are the original PDF file and the output file.
The original file
The output file
As you can see, the default color of watermarks is black. If you like to change the color, size, opacity, etc. of a watermark, please read more article at the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/wordpress/ .To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html .The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. To get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html